Xbox 360 Virus

About your favorite games!
toast
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Xbox 360 Virus

Post by toast »

I was wondering if it is possible to have a 360 virus and spread it using redeem codes or something. I would think that this isnt really possible but I keep getting people telling me Im wrong and that they can hack the 360 using the ip address. Again I think everything stops at the router.
I dunno, Im confused.
Help!

T <3

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

What do you mean spread it using redeem codes? I don't have a 360, nor am I familiar with redeem codes. However, if it`s some sort of code you enter into your box I don't forsee it as a method of contracting a virus - it would have to be transfered electronically via another means, and perhaps activated with this code? I think you are safe, to be honest.

ebrizzlez
Kage
Kage

Post by ebrizzlez »

Leaked info:
1. Open up Commview (or any program in which you can get someone's xbox ip) and get the persons IP once thats done open up a Kernal IP Logger
2. Now When thats open up there should be A bar at the top and one thing on there should be a IP click and a second bar on the bottom of that bar it should say IP Logger click and log the IP
3. Its loged but make sute its there Xbox IP not there internet IP
4. Use a Usb cord from AR and plug the MC for it and transfer the IP log to it but make sure the log is
5. Now you should still have linux on there and put it and overwright the linux with the document and put it on your xbox.
6. Now open up the linux on the splinter cell and goto the .doc file and go to recover IP
7. Once the IP is recoved, click the IP and then go to Xbox Live Gamertag
8. Click on it and hit Extract on your computer
9. Make a file could HDD HACK Acc profile
and extract it to that and FTP it to the xbox using Flash FXP
10. Now you have the Gamertag
I found that on a website, this tutorial has been flying around VIP forums only. So you need special administration to it, but simple google search gives you that so whatever. :roll:

I would say your on the safe side. Only the noobs threaten to find your IP and if anything just have your router settings to filter specific MAC addresses because I doubt they know how to fake there MACs . ^^ A Firewall would block this kinda attack because the next step is to scan your target and those packets wont last long. Don't worry about too much. I know one friend who threatens all day to get someone's IP from Xbox Live and shut down their electricity. People and kids these days would say anything to scare you. Trust me.
[img]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j205/ebrizzlez/4lsint1.jpg[/img]

toast

Post by toast »

I know that Im safe. Microsoft monitors all happenings when dealing with the online play. I heard that if you mod your xbox in anyway, you wont be able to play online.... B/c Microsoft actually monitors that sort of thing. I dunno, with my knowledge of computers, I was wondering if I missed something...

:) thanks you guys!!

<3

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

I guess if you had a bot net or such you could keep forever pinging them or DDoS them tons of times to slow down their game play to get an advantage in halo 3 or such, give them a bunch of lag

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

well you have to remember console filesystems differ from that you find on PC's, while there are similarities and ways to emulate, or read/write to these, getting the data to transfer and write to the consoles memory or storage, as well as run, wouldnt be an easy task, since console systems dont run server type software per se, but client type. And yes NAT makes it more difficult to find the systems...however the possibility of such programs of the malicious type coming out of the data stream actually is possible, seeing how you see mobile virii and malware popping up all the time, its just a matter of time when this will happen to the game consoles we all love, and remember, writing programs for a console would be really hard since they arnt made to run 3rd party softwarez