Playing WoW FREE: private servers

About your favorite games!
Holytoaster4
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Playing WoW FREE: private servers

Post by Holytoaster4 »

I realize there is already a WoW thread active, but I think it is appropriate to start a new thread for this.

I know I like to play world of warcraft, but I don't really have the money or the time. If you play on private servers it is usually completely free signup is so easy they usually don't even make you re-type your password. The way it works is: you install World of warcraft on your computer. Find a private server and pay attention to what version of wow it is (wrath of the lich king; patch 3.09 for example) you are looking for whatever you have on your computer already in order to avoid downloading more things. My site for my private server is funserver.cc. Usually these sites can walk you through setting up to play the private server, but just as many assume that you have done this tons of times already. On the site you will need to know the realmlist. This you will later edit into a wow file. Inside the several files where you installed WoW there is a file called realmlist.wtf. Open this file in notepad. Usually a public server has the realist set to something like: set realmlist public.wow.com or something like that. Change this to whatever your private server site tells you to.(mine is: set realmlist insain.funserver.cc) After doing this save notepad and launch WoW. Enter your account information you set up earlier and hopefully you shall be on your new, free wow account.

Hopefully this has been helpful to some people. I'm sure some of you know about this so let me know if I missed something.
Holytoaster has become satanictoaster!

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

hey

Post by maboroshi »

Hey I just signed up for your private server will check it out :D

TTYL

Last private servers I checked were really crazy

LOL Anyway ttys

Holytoaster4

Post by Holytoaster4 »

oh, yeah if anyone decides to join my server my main is tarstarkas on imba.
Holytoaster has become satanictoaster!