Far Cry 2

About your favorite games!
bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Far Cry 2

Post by bad_brain »

alrighty, since 2 days I am playing Far Cry 2, so here are my first impressions:
to make it short: AWESOME! :lol:
the graphics are great, but of course you will need an up to date system for it with a good g-card. the setting is of course a matter of taste, Far Cry played on a tropical island, while Far Cry 2 plays in Africa...so it's not THAT colorful anymore, but the light effects for example are really great.

ok, it's a FPS, so: what about the weapons?
there are definitely much more different weapons than in the 1st game, and you can even buy upgrades for them....crappy old weapons for example jam often (priceless to hear your character cursing while he hits the gun with the fist trying to unjam it :lol: ), and sometimes they even blow up in your hands...

you can also drive all kinds of vehicles, I really had to laugh when I saw what car I got at the beginning: a crappy old Datsun... :lol:

so if you like FPS games you should give it a try, it's definitely a LOT better than Crysis....so far I would give it a 8-9 of 10... :)

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

I still play Soldier of Fortune and SWAT series games. FPS and FPS with AI crew I think is a great mind exercise. I know some people abhor all the shooting and violence in these games, but it is still a skill development tool to teach one how to plan, multitask, and always have the flexibility to deal with adversary. I can't think of anything else we do for 12 - 16 hours straight to train our minds to act.

*hearing the empty shells hitting the floor after shooting in Soldier of Fortune is the MOST unsettling sound...

For great one-liners - Duke Nukem had them all..

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.