Dragon Age Origins

About your favorite games!
lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Dragon Age Origins

Post by lilrofl »

WOW... if you liked Never Winter Nights 2, or any of it's expansions then this game is what you've been waiting for. With an different opening story-line depending on race and class combinations, a good assortment of class skills for multiple angle development and wonderful character/NPC interaction... this game is superbadass!!

One of the most intriguing things about this game is its ability to put you in moral delemas, I can't really explain this without spoiling something, but it is a moral rollercoaster lol.

If you didn't like NWN2, then you most likely will not like this one either, the graphics and play are very similar, although the storyline is quite different.
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

sweet, looks like a candidate for me.... :D
but first I'll finish Wolfenstein (which I can also recommend if you like FPS)... 8)

IceDane
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by IceDane »

It is an awesome game, yeah, but I cringe at the fact that you are actually comparing it to NWN2. NWN2 was a good game, sure, but NWN1 was better, and the games before those were the best, and they started this all: Baldur's Gate. Or Baldur's Gate 2, rather.

This is even the spiritual successor of Baldur's Gate 2, they state so themselves.

But yes, it is an awesome game. I've already finished it(I preordered it and whatnot), and was on my second and a half playthrough when my xbox controller broke. Don't have money to buy a new one right now, but I'll finish it when I get a new one, for sure. Perhaps even again after that.
By the way; the half in "second and a half" is because I was so anxious to get the game I pirated it and played for like 2 days until I got the game for my xbox. It didn't run perfect on my PC, ergo buying it for the Xbox.

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

@ IceDane - the comparison was simply one of game play, not of content. I have been an avid fan of Bioware since Baldurs Gate, and beyond. Most often I say that they have build prettier, but never better RPGs. The style of play of DAO is similar to NWN2 though, and I feel if you didn't like the play of one, you would not like the play of the other.
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]

Insection

Post by Insection »

bad_brain wrote:sweet, looks like a candidate for me.... :D
but first I'll finish Wolfenstein (which I can also recommend if you like FPS)... 8)

wolfenstein is awsome

Do you play online enemy territory or just the single player?

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

I know its not current - but Soldier of Fortune was a great FPS.. I like SWAT3 for its technical aspects and game mods. "Stack up and prepare to move.."

Wolfstein, Doom, and Duke Nukem - all great classics.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.