Ubuntu 11.04 First Look

Don´t be shy, Linux is fun! =)
Broken Angel
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Ubuntu 11.04 First Look

Post by Broken Angel »

I don't know the exxact date for the release of Ubuntu 11.04 but it's out, up and running. Many might say on waiting for Gnome 3 when it was due on Fedora or just try Open Suse for it but this one is real good.
I downloaded the iso from the site and was ready to install it in a night's time. Going for the Windows Installaion version so that it enables me to install and uninstall the OS just like another program and saving me the trouble to deal with Partitions and stuff, the OS installed in like 2 minutes and was up in the next minute.
After the Boot was complete I got the first look at it and I must say it is impressive. =P~ Though the Sound theme is the same as before but 11.04 is way ahead when it comes to looks.

The Default Desktop:

Image Desktop

The Side Bar is pretty impressive. This is the first thing that caught my eye and why not. The thing that got me next was when I opened FF and tried to minimize it, FF went inside the side bar with a simple > to it.

Well the interface is smooth, fast to respond and awesome to look at. It's easy and way better than 10.10 on the looks part for the start. The reson might be the use of 64-bit but whatever it is, the OS rocks.

System Config used to test:

The FF hangs thou -__- ](*,)

Download.
God Blessed Me With Forgiveness And I Forgive You With My Revenge...!

-Broken Angel

ebrizzlez
Kage
Kage

Re: Ubuntu 11.04 First Look

Post by ebrizzlez »

I don't find the new Unity desktop is that useful. It looks and feels too similar to Ubuntu REMIX for the netbook. The whole Unity feature is very buggy, and does not work well on dual-monitor. It hangs constantly especially on searches, I feel really disappointed on Ubuntu with this one. It feels like they are pushing for a more Desktop Experience, when in fact they did a poor job. I would have liked to seen a lot more included widgets or screenlets if they went for this approach, however they did not.

I switched back to Ubuntu Classic for now... at least until they can get a few bugs settled. :-99
[img]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j205/ebrizzlez/4lsint1.jpg[/img]

Broken Angel

Re: Ubuntu 11.04 First Look

Post by Broken Angel »

Very rightly said and I am also experiencing the same problem with system freezing and also not responding at times
God Blessed Me With Forgiveness And I Forgive You With My Revenge...!

-Broken Angel