Mac Mini Ubuntu

Don´t be shy, Linux is fun! =)
maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Mac Mini Ubuntu

Post by maboroshi »

Was able to set up Ubuntu on My Mac Mini and replace that terrible Apple OS... I don't see how any one could use the Mac OS. No Ctrl/Cmd X/Cut for files I don't get why anyone would use it... I could not find any information saying apple software ran faster cause the OS was designed for the hardware - So not sure where people are getting that info.

Regardless I was finally able to set up a linux distro (Ubuntu) after the second attempt (first attempt was a different day)

A note for myself

Code: Select all

modprobe ts3

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: Mac Mini Ubuntu

Post by bad_brain »

maboroshi wrote:I could not find any information saying apple software ran faster cause the OS was designed for the hardware - So not sure where people are getting that info
I heard that too a couple of times already, and I always had to laugh because it's a plain silly argument...every software is designed for the hardware it is supposed to run on, else it simply wouldn't work. PC hardware simply offers a wider compatibility, and that's the reason why Linux installs (for example) cause more problems on Apple hardware....so what they are trying to do is selling more restrictions as a good thing. :roll:

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Re: Mac Mini Ubuntu

Post by maboroshi »

I agree bad_brain.

Anyway from what I have seen a mac mini makes a decent Linux server, I suppose because of it's compact size it sits well in a Server farm.

:-)

Speak soon

*cheers