The Best PHP Debugger

Don´t be shy, Linux is fun! =)
intern3t
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

The Best PHP Debugger

Post by intern3t »

I want to ask. what is the best php debugger for linux os. And again, is there any software like dreamweaver for linux os?Am using Kali linux(debian based).

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Re: The Best PHP Debugger

Post by lilrofl »

There is always Eclipse, with appropriate plugins, but I think that's a little heavy weight for PHP. I'd consider jEdit (it's java based, so cross platform), with appropriate plugins or whatever GUI text editor comes standard with Kali (I assume gedit). Both will be able to be configured for syntax highlighting auto spacing and there are debugger plugins available last I checked.
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

if you are willing to spend 30 bucks (or look around a bit *cough-cough*) "Rapid PHP" seems to be a very good one from what I have heard, it's very lightweight and fast compared to the big IDEs like Ecplise or Netbeans and seems to do its job very well:

reparto

Post by reparto »

I personally didn't find much use for a debugger but when I did need it I used xdebug.

http://xdebug.org/download.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Its a PHP extension and you can invoke debugging function from within your script, I found it faster to have the debug info show after the script has been parsed and executed rather than through a GUI.
Selling invisible pets:
Dogs - 0.5 Bitcoins
Cats - 0.7 Bitcoins
Unicorns - 10 Bitcoins
Chimpanzee - 2 Bitcoins

PM me if you are interested, will ship via priority airmail, will accept escrow services