What OS?

Don´t be shy, Linux is fun! =)
Goose
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

What OS?

Post by Goose »

Wanna become a hardcore hacker like all you guys, do I need to use UNIX instead of windows?

p99
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by p99 »

You don't have to. Actually don't completly steer away from windows. Yeah windows is currently the most exploited OS but with the right configureations it can be good.

Linux needs configureations as well. It's just that you are allowed in *nix.

Windows likes to stay the way it was made. You couldn't recompile windows and change major things. Only smaller things.

Also hacking isn't just breaking and entering. stealing whatever. It's more of a mindset.

The media has really distorted the word. Just try new things. You will learn how to "hack" things better if your object isn't to hack but to learn.

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

nice going p99... i agree there's no problem using windows at all.. infact i can make any OS to do anything i like.. but as you start gaining experience and do things.. you'll find that linux has got more power, control and flexibility. Well as i told you before, its open source and the years of code analysis, debugging and modifications has made linux robust and versatile.

Gradually you'll know that linux can handle much more load than windows, in terms of servers... Thats why mostly servers are linux based. The best part, its free, its open source.

And once you do some professional networking you'll be amazed to see the number of networking commands at your disposal.

So if you are a hacker and you wanna get into the servers what will you chose??? Well the choice is yours!!

dickiebsd

Post by dickiebsd »

if you want to go for security, i personally like netbsd.
absolute pain to install, but....
does wonders for learning.