Few questions about Debian

Don´t be shy, Linux is fun! =)
ayu
Staff
Staff

Few questions about Debian

Post by ayu »

Ok so there are a few things that are bothering me, and maybe someone could answer my questions =)

1: The "open with menu" is has copies of programs, like 3x of XMMS player.

2: If i want to open a MP3 file i have to right click it and choose a program, else i will have to rename it to "MP3 Audio" to left click it and it would work. But i have like 1k of Mp3 files and renaming would be a stick in the mud.

3: I need uninstall Cedega, how? it isn't present in my package manager

4: when i open a folder, then a folder inside of it, it opens in a new window. How do i make so that it opens in the same window?

5: also, how do i uninstall all my other players? i have the 2 that i want already :p (VLC and XMMS), and i like having a clean computer. apt-get remove mplayer (for example) doesn't work =/

6: when i put in a CD or mount another drive, they show up on the desktop, and i don't want that. How would i do to change it?

Thanks in advance =)

Also i want to (once again) thank Pseudo and b_b for all their help in making my games work ^^ thanks for all the time you spent ! ;P
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

RNA
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by RNA »

Hmm, most your problems are gnome and not debian based. I believe that for the folders issues its in the config menu (are you using nautilis? its great) somewhere, Ill get on the googlemobile for ya on the rest