Post by PopPooB »

?? what is the best kind you like cd-r cd-rw or like what else
96% better then all connections global
Kiss My Ass Good Bye

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

I use Damn Small Linux on a mini-CD-RW... :)

PopPooB
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by PopPooB »

Yeah i use DSL on a usb stick but it boot IN windows instead of outside it so i was wodering if a cd-r would be good for one or not
Kiss My Ass Good Bye

Chaos1986

Fixing DSL Boot Problems

Post by Chaos1986 »

Well Did You Change Any Boot Options In Your BIOS Setup? If Not That's Your Problem. To Find If It Is Do This. Reboot Your Computer With Your USB Stick In The USB Port. Then Press F2, Delete Or Whatever It Asks For After You Power On. You Will Then See A Message Now Entering Setup. Now That We Have Entered The Bios Setup Utility We Will Have 5 Tabs At The Top Of The Screen. They Are Main, Advanced, Security, Boot And Exit. Our Next Step Is To Change The Boot Settings. So Press The Left Arrow Key And Highlight Boot. Now We Need To Change The Boot Device Priority Order. With The USB stick Plugged In Select The Device(s) Above Your USB Stick And Press - This Will Move The Selected Device Down One In The List Do This Until Your Primary Is The USB Stick. Now Go To Exit And Select Exit Saving Changes. Your Computer Will Now Reboot And Look For The USB Stick First And Find It And Boot Into Damn Small Linux. This Is Because You Have Told It To Try To Boot Off Your USB Stick Before Your Hard Drive With the Windows Installation. :twisted: :evil:
If Man Made It Man Can Crack Or Hack It & If You Want To Be A True Hacker You Need To Keep Your Mind Open And Always Be Willing To Learn
[img]http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/9996/chaos19862ub.png[/img]

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

yeup...from CD is boots without any problems. either you haven't set USB as 1st boot device in BIOS or your mobo isn't supporting booting from USB. in the 2nd case updating the BIOS might help (it did for my no-so-new-anymore K7S8X one).
:wink:

PopPooB

Re: Fixing DSL Boot Problems

Post by PopPooB »

Chaos1986 wrote:Well Did You Change Any Boot Options In Your BIOS Setup? If Not That's Your Problem. To Find If It Is Do This. Reboot Your Computer With Your USB Stick In The USB Port. Then Press F2, Delete Or Whatever It Asks For After You Power On. You Will Then See A Message Now Entering Setup. Now That We Have Entered The Bios Setup Utility We Will Have 5 Tabs At The Top Of The Screen. They Are Main, Advanced, Security, Boot And Exit. Our Next Step Is To Change The Boot Settings. So Press The Left Arrow Key And Highlight Boot. Now We Need To Change The Boot Device Priority Order. With The USB stick Plugged In Select The Device(s) Above Your USB Stick And Press - This Will Move The Selected Device Down One In The List Do This Until Your Primary Is The USB Stick. Now Go To Exit And Select Exit Saving Changes. Your Computer Will Now Reboot And Look For The USB Stick First And Find It And Boot Into Damn Small Linux. This Is Because You Have Told It To Try To Boot Off Your USB Stick Before Your Hard Drive With the Windows Installation. :twisted: :evil:
What problem are you talking about i dont have a problem with anything :oops:
yeup...from CD is boots without any problems. either you haven't set USB as 1st boot device in BIOS or your mobo isn't supporting booting from USB. in the 2nd case updating the BIOS might help (it did for my no-so-new-anymore K7S8X one).
What are you talking about theres nothing wrong with anything

I know how it works guys O.o all i wanted to know is what is the best type of disc

In my post i said DSL booted INSIDE windows AS A PROGRAM O.o

I never said i booted from usb or said that it had problems :oops:

I just want to know if a CD-R disc is good for linux or not thats all i asked

(Jeez you people are crazy)
Kiss My Ass Good Bye

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

PopPooB wrote:Yeah i use DSL on a usb stick but it boot IN windows instead of outside it so i was wodering if a cd-r would be good for one or not
well, that sounded like you had problems with booting it.... :lol: