Any Tips for Installing on Mac?

Don´t be shy, Linux is fun! =)
Bo

Any Tips for Installing on Mac?

Post by Bo »

Bit of a new guy to this whole scene, im installing linux on tomorow and was wondering if anyone could forward any links or tips about installing on OS X software, and links to any sites with drivers for a Mac Book.

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

hey there Bo.

well if you're the type of guy who likes to jump feet first then try debian etch for your linux distro. it's not as bad a you would expect and the syntax is easy to pick up if you keep using it( i still use windows way too much ) :oops:

but i have a mac i'm now interested in setting up and adding to my setup even though i haven't yet as every one keeps saying how shit they are so never got round to trying. now im going to set one up for music only

i have a lot of work on at the mo as well as trying to start and setup my first honey pot on linux but if you want to wait a week i will gladly go through getting a mac up and running with you :wink:

if you are already on with it then good luck and keep me posted hows it going :P

Bo

Post by Bo »

Cheers for that bud, i got a mate coming round today to install a form of linux, not sure what distro it is though yet :p ill decided when he comes round. But yeah any tips and help would be quality. Cheers again.