USB Keyboard/Mouse problems

Don´t be shy, Linux is fun! =)
ayu
Staff
Staff

USB Keyboard/Mouse problems

Post by ayu »

I just installed Debian on another box, i have tried it on that box before but it had a lot of problems with Linux so i uninstalled again....anyway i am giving it another try.

But i am having problems with the USB mouse and keyboard...

Mouse: Is fucking slooooow

Keyboard: If i press any button..even enter, it spamms that button forever.

I tried using PS/2 units instead and it worked perfect, so i guess there is something about the USB (i remember it saying "found low speed USB device" when i was booting)

And i can't stick with the PS/2 units since i am using a KVM switch ;/

Any ideas?

oh and i have tried other distros on that computer as well before, same problem, so it's something weird with it ^^

shamir
Computer Manager
Computer Manager

Post by shamir »

maybe the mouse is low battery, and the keyboard maybe has something inside of it hm? check that, this may help, http://www.acmehowto.com/howto/pc/hardw ... agnose.php

:wink:

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

None of them are on batteries and both are used with another computer, the one i am using now in fact, so they are working perfectly. It's something about the USB on the Linux computer.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hm, just to make sure it's not because of the KVM switch itself:
boot into Linux with mouse/keyboard connected to PS2, when done connect to USB and see if it works....most KVMs emulate mouse/keyboard during bootup, but if it don't it can cause problems.