No malware!

Don´t be shy, Linux is fun! =)
Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

No malware!

Post by Lyecdevf »

Yesterday I installed Ad-Aware Se professional on my fedora 8 box. I just wanted to show you these pictures because it was one of the few windows apps. that I got working on my linux box and guess what? It found no malware on my box! Yey! Even thought I ran it for a good two months there was nothing. While on a windows box I would get at least 50 malware threats. So if you want to you can talk about how good linux is over windows in this thread because this is not really a question! :lol:

Image :D
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

nice background :P.

O yeah and way to go.
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

Oh, yeah and here are the results of the scan. I had to do this just for fun!

Image :D
- Hannibal

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

yeup, that's because of the file system structure on *nix systems. if you always do online stuff as regular user (not as root) the danger of an infection is about zero....malware has no chance to alter files and processes because they simply don't have the necessary permissions to do so.

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

Not to dis anyone, but I hardly ever get malware. In fact the only thing I get when I run Adaware and Spybot is Spybot telling me that I've disabled windows Firewall (which is pretty much worthless), Anti-Virus Monitor, and Auto-Update.

I think the thing to consider is being web-surfing smart. And don't be a dumbass and download every .exe you find.

On a side note I didn't know Ad-Aware was compatable with Linux. Sweet.

Edit: Of course this post only applies to people with Windows. And the fact that I have WIPFW installed (a Linux firewall on a Windows box...the irony...).

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

Stavros wrote:On a side note I didn't know Ad-Aware was compatable with Linux. Sweet.
Well Ad-Aware Se in fact wont work but this is Ad-Aware Se professional. In fact I do not even believe that it is on the list of Wine as a program that can be run in wine.
- Hannibal