Ubuntu

Don´t be shy, Linux is fun! =)

If you have used Ubuntu, what do you think of it?

Good...
47%
Bad...
7%
A-freaking-mazing
27%
5|_|( |<5 t3|-| (0(|<
7%
Ate teh shite...
No votes
I couldn't live without it!
13%

Total votes: 15

w1tchdoctor
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Ubuntu

Post by w1tchdoctor »

I got the Ubuntu Live CD/Install disks about a month ago. It's the best LIve CD (takes a while to load) but it was fairly easy (if ur fairly compy literate)to use and it even recognized my wireless network (not to say it worked) Overall i would give it a 7/10

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, I have never used it (I love my good,old RH9 :lol: ), but from the stuff I heard and read it is supposed to be a real good distro, the developers scene seems to be very active. RH9 support has been ended, so I need a new distro in the near future, I´ll surely take a look into Ubuntu... :D

w1tchdoctor
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by w1tchdoctor »

i love Knoppix...cant go wrong with german engineering.....das es gut,nein?
Slax isnt half bad either......

ios

Post by ios »

it found all of my hardware, and even the CF port. except, I've seen some users whine about needing to use sudo for root. overall, theres some amazing unofficial support on the irc ubuntu servers. I've gotten answers in less than a minute! very active indeed.

shadowclown

Post by shadowclown »

I am in the process of setting up a LAMP server using Ubuntu. It's my first experienc with a LAMP and whith Linux.
Comparing what Ive heard about other distros (though these opinions are probably from Linux-phobic people) Ubuntu seems fairly user friendly, even for a first timer. The command line stuff is a little intimidating, though.(I opted to not use a gui)

p99
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by p99 »

Yeah it is pretty good. It isn't the most secure out of the box but linux is good because it is more customizeable. Giving you a lot more control.