[Hilfe!] Mail client problem

Don´t be shy, Linux is fun! =)
ayu
Staff
Staff

[Hilfe!] Mail client problem

Post by ayu »

Ok so i have to following problem....

I am using Evolution Mail as my mail client, i have set it to get the mail from the server and then also let the mail be on the server (backup purposes)

The problem is that when i delete a mail in the client, the mail still resides on the server =/

Is there anyway to get a "live" kind of client? as in that it lets the mail stay on the server, and when i delete a mail from the client it ACTUALLY gets deleted...not just on my comp, but on the server as well..... because i have to login through the web now and delete the mail manually =/
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

G-Brain
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by G-Brain »

Read your mail with telnet 8)

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

gah I'm stupid...why didn't i think of this before!

Necrix mentioned Thunderbird xD it works like a charm, exactly the way i want it to :D
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

G-Brain wrote:Read your mail with telnet 8)
wait until enough mail harvester bots crossed your website...have fun with processing 100 spam mails/day with telnet! :lol:

and yep, Thunderbird kicks ass....make sure to use the sweet RSS reader too, real comfy... :wink:

G-Brain

Post by G-Brain »

bad_brain wrote: wait until enough mail harvester bots crossed your website...have fun with processing 100 spam mails/day with telnet! :lol:

and yep, Thunderbird kicks ass....make sure to use the sweet RSS reader too, real comfy... :wink:
Hahahaha, yeah...

Seriously though, I use mutt. Command line goodness.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

G-Brain wrote: Seriously though, I use mutt. Command line goodness.
yeah, I've read a nice article about Mutt already in my favorite Linux mag, I just need some spare time to get into it....half a dozen email addresses, 2 dozen RSS feeds and setting up PKI is definitely not a job that can be done quickly if you haven't worked with Mutt yet.

but well, I am simply used to Thunderbird and I am really satisfied with it (especially since I use the Spamato plugin)...so I don't plan to switch completely anyway, but I'll definitely check it out.. :)