Hacking with (over) Linux

Don´t be shy, Linux is fun! =)
FreeSoftwareNow

Hacking with (over) Linux

Post by FreeSoftwareNow »

Hello,
I think its interesting to read and learn how to hack with (over) Linux. I mean we always talk about stealthing, faking etc but I would be very happy to learn how we can do this with Linux. As we know we have much more freedom in Linux and that means to me hacking with Linux must be much better (safer, more latitude etc).
Greetz

G-Brain
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by G-Brain »

Yeah, we always talk about "stealthing", "faking"............

What the hell are you talking about?

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Yeah I agree, Linux is a good choice to do anything =3 (maybe except gaming, Windows wins there :()

Anyway, I have to say that your nick is very.....crative Mr.FreeSoftwareNow
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

FreeSoftwareNow

ok my english is not the best and its difficult for me to express what i want to say so i try again.
i worked with different trojan appz like bifr turkojan (on windows) etc etc but i never have had experience with linux. i dont know how linux users hack into other systems and i dont know how linux hackers work! ??
btw dont think im a stupid guy who wants to hack victims over the net j4f im not one of them (if i wanted to i would use my knowledge in windows). in my first posting i tried to write that i want to use linux for hacking because theres more latitude. i hope ive written clearlier now. i would be happy for every answer.
greetz

edit(some additions):
some linuxbasic i know already.
i bought a book called linux hackers guide (very nice book).
i learned at school programming in delphi and i started to learn c++ (im on it). if im succesfull i try to help developing free software.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Well, "hacking" in Linux in the way that you mean, works about the same as it does in Windows, except that in Linux it's not an application with a button that says "Destroy".

What part of hacking are you talking about?

I mean do you want to know about script kiddie hacking, programming, #xxxxxx hat hacking, blablabla etc...it depends on how you define hacking...

but seeing as you mentioned trojans that you didn't build yourself, I think you mean script kiddie hacking ^^

But yeah, usually script kiddies follow video tutorials to be able to navigate in Linux at all and make their attacks go through, ok so I don't know any kiddie in person but since they like to make videos on their own to brag about it, it suggests that they also watch others to be able to do it.

Anyway, if you aren't that kind of person, I suggest that you buy yourself a large book on the basics of Linux, and learn all there is to know about it =)

Because hacking to me, is nothing more then knowledge for each and every "computer related area", it just depends on how you use it.

In other words, in reality there isn't any easy way to become a professional.

FreeSoftwareNow

Ok understood
but seeing as you mentioned trojans that you didn't build yourself, I think you mean script kiddie hacking ^^
no, thats the point i dont want
thats why i want to learn "hacking" over linux because there you have to do everything yourself and you can see how a computer works not only clicking some buttons then say "im a hacker, im a master"or kind of that! thats silly!!

but i dont know how to start, just completely delete windows and install a linux distri (jump into the cold water)?

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

As I said....big book on Linux is what you need =)

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

but i dont know how to start, just completely delete windows and install a linux distri (jump into the cold water)?
I suggest you dowloasd a few distro's to try and either runb them on a virtual system to see which one you prefer or just to get to grips with it start using a live cd. When you have decided on a distro you like why not set it up to dual boot so that you can use windows for other apps you use and linux for practicing till you get the OS set up as you like.

I did the same thing and dived in head first and set a whole system up on debian but this was my 2nd pc so i always had windows to run as it normally does which i was used to and used the linux box to test the water. im happy i used this option as at first you will run into a few problems but its all down to you personally. Do yopu have the motivation to keep plodding away and reach your goals.

good luck

thugz

FreeSoftwareNow

thanks very much. ive boaught a secound pc from a secound hand shop, a large linux and unix book in my language and some books for themes like linux security and tcp/ip. on friday holidays starts (great timing :- ). i think i will have a great time :- ) if i need help ill post here. greetz and thx much