Multiple Desktops

Don´t be shy, Linux is fun! =)
visser
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Multiple Desktops

Post by visser »

hey all. i was working with ubuntu a little bit and wanted to get multiple displays going.

the nvidia settings does work pretty well but considering its my laptop and its got one graphics card it works fine. however my server is using 2 different graphics cards. I havent tried ubuntu on the server but i was curious as to how it would work with multiple graphics cards

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

I think i maybe on the same page as you, maybe not, i made a thread about this a little bit ago its called compiz

http://suck-o.com/modules.php?name=Foru ... pic&t=5474

it has a really cool cube you can put how many desktops you want on it hit alt-control-left mouse button and rotate between all of your desktops,. you have to check off the cube boxes though in the settings under system > preferences > advanced desktop settings

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

he doesn't mean multiple desktops, what he wants is called dualhead.
maybe this helps a little:
http://wiki.linuxquestions.org/wiki/Usi ... th_XFree86
it's a little outdated (xorg 7.3 is the up to date version), but it gives a general overview on how it works... :wink:

G-Brain

Re: Multiple Desktops

Post by G-Brain »

visser wrote:hey all. i was working with ubuntu a little bit and wanted to get multiple displays going.

the nvidia settings does work pretty well but considering its my laptop and its got one graphics card it works fine. however my server is using 2 different graphics cards. I havent tried ubuntu on the server but i was curious as to how it would work with multiple graphics cards
The GPU would just show up in nvidia-settings and you wouldn't have to do anything special.
I <3 MariaLara more than all of you