skip
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Builing KDE4from svn?

Post by skip »

I was following this guide on how to build kde4 from svn on this site

http://kde-students.blogspot.com/2008/0 ... lenny.html

i got stuck at building QT

$cb # Build Qt in a separate build directory << should i make a new directory and build Qt there?

Code: Select all

../../src/qt-copy/configure -nomake examples -nomake demos -qt-gif -no-exceptions -debug -fast -prefix $QTDIR

bash: ../../src/qt-copy/configure: No such file or directory
i really want to learn on how to build kde4 and i was expecting that i could find any step that is more verbose. Like what is cs,cb & cmakekde and why it is used to building kde4 etc. It was like improving your skills on how fast you copy and paste, hehe, thanks. :D

/* i didnt create a user "kde-devel", what i did is i made a backup of .bashrc and and made a new one under my username */
Image Image Image

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

yep, you have to create a new directory and make sure the relative path you use is right, in you case the path is

../../src/qt-copy/
this mean in the directory you are at the moment you would have to go 2 directories up and then into /src/qt-copy/....depending on the location of your current directory this path can of course be different.
but you can also use a full path like /usr/src/qt-copy/configure.... :wink:

skip

Post by skip »

thanks for the reply, im actually confused what which when where and how, so i'l need to read more. maybe its not time to build for me. If this is real war, il be dead by now/ :oops:
Image Image Image

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

don't worry, such problems are also a great opportunity to learn...so keep going.. :)