Problems running ubuntu

Don´t be shy, Linux is fun! =)
Holytoaster4
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Problems running ubuntu

Post by Holytoaster4 »

I'm trying to dual boot windows vista/ubuntu on my hp pavillion a6230n. It all seems to boot fine, but I have no control over ubuntu. I think that it probably may be a problem with drivers for my keyboard and mouse. This is my first time using linux on any desktop so I'm not really sure what the problem is. Also I don't know how I would go about getting the drivers if that is actually the problem.

I've been inactive on this site for awhile it's good to be back :)
Holytoaster has become satanictoaster!

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

What do you mean by no control? That Ubuntu boots but neither the keyboard nor the mouse works?
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

yes, and what mouse/keyboard you have? brand/model and conneection type (PS2/USB)? :-k

Holytoaster4

Post by Holytoaster4 »

correct, it boots but neither mouse or keyboard work they have the power shut off once it boots (no lights)

sorry, don't remember all about the mouse and keyboard and i am away from the computer. they are both usb though. one reason i think why i may be having trouble with this is because the computer was build for windows vista and i have heard rumors that no other OS works on it.

skip

Post by skip »

i hope this can help. try this. boot again on ubuntu and if mouse/keyboard still wont work. Press Ctrl+alt+F1, if it transfers you to console then the problem is on the xorg. you have to modify the xorg configuration so that the mouse and keyboard will work properly.

or not.
Image Image Image

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

skip wrote:i hope this can help. try this. boot again on ubuntu and if mouse/keyboard still wont work. Press Ctrl+alt+F1, if it transfers you to console then the problem is on the xorg. you have to modify the xorg configuration so that the mouse and keyboard will work properly.

or not.
But to do this they will need the keyboard working. I suggest getting a ps2 keyboard and mouse or use the usb to ps2 adapters.

That should do the trick :wink:

Holytoaster4

Post by Holytoaster4 »

maybe i can borrow a ps2/usb adapter or something. my computer has no ps2 ports.