SECOND life ban from computer ? how ?can be bypassed or not

Questions? Stuck? post here....
Radar_mX
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

SECOND life ban from computer ? how ?can be bypassed or not

Post by Radar_mX »

I was banned in Second Life when I try to login says " Second Life can not be accessed from this computer "

I tried to bypass it but no luck , deleted cookies , temp files , changed MAC address , computer name and reinstalled Second Life.

I thought it uses sort of certificate installed on my computer and SL checks it every time I log in , or it uses computer info to generate unique key for each computer so they know exactly which computer...etc

there is left one trial or two

1- using USB Wireless Adpater : maybe they how they know it.
2- I think if I formate my windows XP it will help

I checked my brother's Laptop it logins in SL , I googled about this ban there is no much info just found that they say change MAC it doesnt work for me.

here is capture file taken by Wireshark while logging in second life
all I find it uses client key exchange and handshake for encrypation

secondlife-ban.pcap - 0.03MB

any help or info will be much appreciated

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

I'd put my money on a small file that is hidden in your computer somewhere and cannot be delete by uninstalling the whole game.
I think it would be a pain to look for it since it can be a different name, so a windows reinstall would do the trick. But this is all guessing, besides I don't find any logic in reinstalling an OS for some game...

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

I tried to bypass it but no luck , deleted cookies , temp files , changed MAC address , computer name and reinstalled Second Life.
Did everything except check the registry. :wink:
You need to restore the registry to a point prior to being banned or reformat.
You could try a regedit - but if you mess it up, it still won't work. Keep trolling the forums for someone that found all the registry edits to fix the second life ban. You have already changed IP and MAC, the only other part of your fingerprint is the OS version, type, browser type, version, and machine type - but those are common traits in other machines on the internet.

Again, if you keep all your important files on a stick or external HDD, its nothing to reformat the OS HDD and start again. (just the mb of updates :roll: )

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Radar_mX
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by Radar_mX »

p4inl0v3r wrote:does second life tell you why you cant access it ??? there must be a valid reason.

since you changed the mac id and hopefully your ip as well and fixed other details, maybe your system does not support the adequate hardware to run SL (though i cant be sure on it since ive never used it)
yes , I used it a lot fine and I didnt make any changes

Radar_mX
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by Radar_mX »

p4inl0v3r wrote:
ph0bYx wrote:I'd put my money on a small file that is hidden in your computer somewhere and cannot be delete by uninstalling the whole game.
in that case the uninstaller must have told the user about the uninstall being incomplete .... the log must be there.
a windows reinstall would do the trick.
well IMO it may or may not ... hey br0 did SL run fine earlier ? some more details regarding this would be useful. You sure no changes were made recently?
maybe they dropped a small file to track me :( , and while uninstalling no choice for quick delete only next button it does complete deletion even second life folder is gone

I was griefing for big laughs with sub-accounts I thought they never check reports about me people sending them , I keep my main account for good things and friends ...etc

Radar_mX
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by Radar_mX »

DNR wrote:
Did everything except check the registry. :wink:
You need to restore the registry to a point prior to being banned or reformat.
You could try a regedit - but if you mess it up, it still won't work. Keep trolling the forums for someone that found all the registry edits to fix the second life ban. You have already changed IP and MAC, the only other part of your fingerprint is the OS version, type, browser type, version, and machine type - but those are common traits in other machines on the internet.

Again, if you keep all your important files on a stick or external HDD, its nothing to reformat the OS HDD and start again. (just the mb of updates :roll: )

DNR
I have checked the registery , I found regular second life values nothing suspicious

they could usewindows version or OS fingerprint but there are millions of people using similar OS info I dont think this is being used with SL , I will try system restore to earlier time before SL ban. Although I lose many installed apps .

BTW , I have tripleboot xp-ubuntu-macosx (IATKOS V7)

I can log in SL under MAC - didnt check it under ubuntu , SL works the best on XP

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

since you say it will work under Mac OS, I believe there is something hiding in the windows OS that has you banned.

You can try to compare registry values with your brother's PC as you said he can login under windows on that machine.

Since with works with Mac OS on the machine that can't login, I am betting the reinstall of the Windows OS will clean it up, I wish I could make it easier with finding the registry or other file exactly - perhaps you need to check other forums for other people that have sucessfully cleaned their PC of a SL ban.

I suppose if you could - while installing SL on a Win OS, run an app like Hijack this that will track all the changes a SL install makes - then you can try to search those directories for the ban info.

@P4 - its an old trick coders write their code so an uninstall will still leave bits of info on your HDD - like if you tried to uninstall and reinstall a timeshareware, or like in this case - a user has been banned - to prevent them from reinstalling the game and bypassing the ban - the ban line remained after the reinstall. This is why registries get bloated after awhile, all the progs you installed/uninstalled left little bits of data there.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Radar_mX
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by Radar_mX »

got it , they have MAC ban and something else on me under XP.
just created new account with SL

I rebooted my PC , booted into ubuntu ,then checked SL it says same thing" Second Life can not be accessed from this computer"

so I spoofed my MAC with macchanger on terminal it worked I am logged in.

I was wrong I cant access SL from MAC.
I restarted my PC then booted into Mac it is also blocked from accessing SL , I tried many times to change MAC address through the terminal but it doesnt change , I think leopard is protected.

at the end I booted into XP , I thought TMAC ( mac changer ) is stupied so installed SMAC and spoofed my MAC address also changed the MAC from network properties - configure - network address , all of that did not work still getting "Second life can not be accessed from this computer "

thank you all guys
DNR I will try to follow your tips ,

any more ideas are welcomed