How to "spread the word" about your site?

Here you can show your site or search/offer jobs.
ayu
Staff
Staff

How to "spread the word" about your site?

Post by ayu »

I have a user problem on my site =P, i want people to "discover" it, so that people who are interested in using it and improving it can do so if they want.

Any good idea on how to spread the word?

I don't have any money atm so advertising is hard ^^
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Join top sites, get affiliates...
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

Necrix
The Hacker Wolf
The Hacker Wolf

Post by Necrix »

Those TopSites to the right side of Suck-o were pretty useful.
Also..consider making your site searchable by google.
Continue telling people. If you frequent other forums and they let you, advertise in your signature.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

The cost of advertisement for commercial sites is 'infinite' a person spends 10 times more on advertisement than on the site itself.
The best way to get traffic is SEO no advertisement or affiliates can subsitute for search engines. Dynamic pages are a real problem for SEO, search engine friendly urls, right keywords, correct tags, filenames etc are other things which enhance it.
Content is more important than design in most cases(depends upon what kind of site you have)
Also you may start moderate spamming, join communities, make one or two friends post the link to your site. IF you can tell in more detail what your site is all about we may help you better.

Actually there are so many things you need to do,you need to keep target audience in mind, recently i helped a guy to increase his site traffic from 0 to 2500 hits per day all for 300 bucks... :-99 so i m here if you need my help :D

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Well the site is more of a "all around geek site", with anime, games, consoles, tips and tricks, images, manga/comic, video, funny stories...pc...blablabla and so on =/ i made it based on my own interests and the things i enjoy most, to find people like myself that enjoy these kind of activities.

Necrix
The Hacker Wolf
The Hacker Wolf

Post by Necrix »

Also, continue adding content daily..even if you don't have any members.

A site with tons of content is more likely to catch someone's eye..and keep them there. Alot of people join forums to talk to other people, but if people see real potential in your site, they'll stay and you may end up with some pretty loyal admins and/or mods.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Necrix wrote:Also, continue adding content daily..even if you don't have any members.

A site with tons of content is more likely to catch someone's eye..and keep them there. Alot of people join forums to talk to other people, but if people see real potential in your site, they'll stay and you may end up with some pretty loyal admins and/or mods.
Jupp, adding stuff almost everyday =]

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

content is most important and if possible, ask your friends to add stuff, and also make a small community with your local friends and it will surely grow over the time...