Any ideas for my site?

Here you can show your site or search/offer jobs.
Still_Learning
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Any ideas for my site?

Post by Still_Learning »

Check out http://www.live-xbox360.com and let me know what you think, or if you have any ideas.. esp for security , plz drop me a PM if you see a vuln while your looking threw it. I tried to set up Fireboard for joomla and it worked for a while then i edited something or changed something and it never worked again, after completely deleteing all of the SQL databases for it, deleting all of the files, fresh installing the fireboard forums about 5 times, and it keeps giving me some kind of template error with a screen full of a bunch of code, i will post it later

I would also like advice on how to make every news article or post searchable better or ideas on how to SEO my traffic with google and yahoo to get more hits, I heard submitwolf is pretty good thanks!

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

Wow? No response? Im not trying to get your IP's from visiting my website or anything crazy i just want advice from more experienced computer enthuiest, want to keep it secure, find a way to make my google adsense ads more effective to get paid more, find the best way to get a top search engine spots, ect.. everything a regular webmaster wants to learn.. I belelive the name is a good domain name that i could possibly make some good money off of www.live-xbox360.com so i want to learn and sponge as much information as i can into my brain, while i dont have to work and have the time to do it

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

nobody is worried about you getting there ip addy xD

anyways, site looks decent in an organized perspective, however the header could use a more professional look, the text has a noisy outline, like its a transparent .gif with the wrong matte.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

yeah, I also like it, just the header looks a little "cheap".
maybe you can add a nice zoom effect to the images instead of redirecting to the source sites of the images, people love a little bling-bling...lightbox is a effect I really like:
http://www.huddletogether.com/projects/lightbox/

and well, a forum might be nice... :-k

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

I have tried on the forums.. I tried fireboard by itself and plus community builder and had nothing but problems. I uninstalled, reinstalled many times, deleted all sql tables, started fresh, still keep getting a template error. maybe i just need to use phpnuke or phpbb or something and link it to the home page, but then i would have to reconstruct everything so everyones id works with both my regular joomla site and the phpbb site.. i will work on the header, one of my friends girlfriends is a graphic designer and did that one for me in like 15 mins for free, plus i am pretty handy with photoshop and just got my windows vitual box working on ubuntu, so i will see. thanks for the tips guys