My new site and blog!

Here you can show your site or search/offer jobs.
Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

My new site and blog!

Post by Lyecdevf »

I have started working on my new site a while ago. I thought of adding some more stuff to it but I did not find the time to do it. So if you want to take a look at it here you go:

http://www.lyecdevf.110mb.com

Now I also have worked for a while on my blog. You will find there rants, tutorials, and much more:

http://lyecdevf.blogspot.com/
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

hey lyec!!

Quite a good read. The website was pretty good and liked the first entrance page. Also enjoyed reading your blog. It was like i could feel the oppression you were feeling over the bad use of technology over the net. Great bit of info on setting up your router there too. Its still unbelievable how many people think they are just plug and play....

'ahhhhhh it works, leave it, don't touch it, it might break :lol:

Great read and thanks for sharing :wink:

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

a few sugs:
1. watch the spelling errors.
2. check your links I ran in to two 404 errors.

Good tut on router security, you gave credit to your references. You can move all the credits to the end of the article so it looks more like your nfo. Just use book marks or reference numbering (1), (2), etc at the bottom of the article.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

computathug wrote:Quite a good read. The website was pretty good and liked the first entrance page. Also enjoyed reading your blog. It was like i could feel the oppression you were feeling over the bad use of technology over the net.
Hey, thanks a lot. Yeah, you are right some times I do feel oppressed by the bad use of technology.
- Hannibal

TheKingOfHearts

Post by TheKingOfHearts »

dude splashpage is so much win :)
also maybe add a div tag or two for the articles so the text doesnt go strech on different monitors.
overall with some work it would look pretty good.

blog looks descend but maybe different colors would fit better.
blog articles are awesome.
it would look better with a domain!
[url=http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/2034/oopsrg8.gif]/sig[/url]

str33tl0rd
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by str33tl0rd »

agree with thugz, the entrance is pretty nice.....
i just think if you changed the colour of the links from blue to some other colour it would be more detectable, couz i couldn't see the links at the first view..:P, i saw it after a long 5 minutes....(i am not colour blind, well i wouldnt' be couz i saw it at the end):D
A fools mind is at the mercy of his tongue and a wise mans tongue is under the control of his mind.~ Imam Ali (A.S)

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

[quote="str33tl0rd" just think if you changed the colour of the links from blue to some other colour it would be more detectable,[/quote]

I have no idea why they are blue. If you go under the arts page you are going to see how the site looks like in the Konikurer browser which is a poplular KDE browser but when I transfered that to the web the links turned blue. :? :cry:
- Hannibal

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

try the html codes:
link="#00FF00" vLink="#008000" ?

IMHO you should get rid of the 'welcome' page, why make your visitors click through to get to the index page?

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.