school project.

Here you can show your site or search/offer jobs.
mo2332
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

school project.

Post by mo2332 »

Okay this is my school social studies project, keep note i had to work with the worst host.

http://thegrantproject.com

moudy
Technology Enthusiast
Technology Enthusiast

Post by moudy »

mo i don't mean to demoralize you or some thing, but weapons in Iraq extend from hand held 9 mm weapon to tactical multi-100 thousands of dollar tactical cruise missiles.
In between you have the choppers used, besides the f-16 what about the war crafts that landed on carriers in the Arab gulf ???
Other than humvees, what about the tanks, and soldier carriers...
A very new tactical weapon was used not long time ago in Iraq, doctors examining the corps of people where in extreme chock, and said they never saw some thing like that...
Quoting the Iraqi doctors: "we never saw some thing like that... there are no signs of burns, bruises, or any thing indicating that these people where targeted... except that there heads where detached from their bodies."
and the fact that this weapon can cause mass casualties, made it one of the most lethal weapons in the 21st century.
hope that this helps you in your progress on your project... do some research on these weapons, many information are out there on the web.
mahmoud_shihab@hotmail.com

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, it's a good start....of course you should add some more stuff.
something that not only contains technical data would be nice imo, landmines, clusterbombs and armor-piercing rounds that contain uranium for example would be a good opportunity to add some humanity aspects. you could also create separate categories like conventional-, nuclear-, biological- and chemical weapons for example... :wink:

mo2332

Post by mo2332 »

well, i had a list of weapons to chose from.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

oh, ok....but you should use a wider header image, my screen resolution is 1280x1024 and because the image is not wide enough it is repeated, which looks not good.
here's a wider version:
http://f.imagehost.org/0009/headerBG.jpg

:wink:

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Just a thought

Post by lilrofl »

Good start I think, I noticed that you had a lot of WWI weapons and very few OIF weapons, and while I am certainly not telling you how to write a report I thought I'd give you list of searchable weapons used in the modern Army. I'll stick with US weapons and equipment because you did.

MRAP style vehicles (replaced the humvee for the most part)
RG 31
RG 33L

Small Arms (a soldiers personal weapon)
M-16
M-4
M-249 (can also be vehicle mounted)
M-203

Crew Served Weapons (vehicle mounted for the most part)
M-240b
M-2
Mk-19 (this one I think you will really enjoy)

It's certainly not a comprehensive list, but it would even out the data you have from one war to the other i think, and to really look at ALL the weapons used in modern warfare... well... that's take a few minutes =)

mo2332

Post by mo2332 »

i really did a half ass job because i knew this was all i had to do for an a :P
Thanks for all the feed back suck-oteers :)

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

why go through life half-assed?

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.