Dragged from "general computing thread"

Our very own fight club!
FrankB
Ph. D. in Sucko'logics
Ph. D. in Sucko'logics

Post by FrankB »

pseudo_opcode wrote:
LaBlueGirl wrote:
The last sentence fragment. Starts with 'and professionals and hackers (at their home)' and ends with 'code differently'.

LBG
yes they do but its not basis of their classification, you forgot to read whats after that
So, there is a clasiffication of `hackers' ???
Are we talking entymology or IT ?
Do you include something like "second rank" hackers and *uberhackers" in your ranking ? When are the Olympics ? Who has the last winner of the Golden Hacker Medal award ?

This is ridiculous and a bit insulting too.
Bye.

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

Oh lol, i forgot to add something, "real l33t smartass" hackers use linux and n00b lame dumb people use windows
LaBlueGirl wrote:Frank said he used an IDE.
You say 'real' hackers code differently.
Therefore, you are not so subtly inferring the person in question is not a real hacker.
You were the one who ascribed a hat preference (or even if they deem it necessary to wear a hat in the first place) by whether or not a person uses an IDE.
Ok since you seem to understand my posts exceptionally well,tell me who i am ok?? ready???.....here we go

I use IDE for my work, like i mostly use php,javascript, C++,C etc generally i do this coding on windows

If i need to code exploits or analyze some code or write a proggy to nuke or something i use different language, C, assembly and lots debugging, gdb i mainly use linux for that

so tell me a few things:-
1.Am i a real hacker or not?
2.What is color of hat i wear?
3.Do i switch hats(incase more than one hats) when i code 'differently'?

also another statement which you can quote and debate on was
"real l33t smartass" hackers use linux and n00b lame dumb people use windows

Please tell me if this is correct or not and why(with your spicy wits)
Windows users may feel offended.
Last edited by pseudo_opcode on 11 Feb 2007, 15:36, edited 1 time in total.

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

FrankB wrote:
pseudo_opcode wrote:
LaBlueGirl wrote:
The last sentence fragment. Starts with 'and professionals and hackers (at their home)' and ends with 'code differently'.

LBG
yes they do but its not basis of their classification, you forgot to read whats after that
Do you include something like "second rank" hackers and *uberhackers" in your ranking ? When are the Olympics ? Who has the last winner of the Golden Hacker Medal award ?

Bye.
no there is no classification, everything i wrote is imaginary, i want to beat J.K.Rowling and her Harry Potter series, how am i doing?

LaBlueGirl
Suckopithicus chickasaurus

Post by LaBlueGirl »

[quote="pseudo_opcode"Oh lol, i forgot to add something, "real l33t smartass" hackers use linux and n00b lame dumb people use windows[/quote]

(sigh)
Now, you are being childish, you do realize this, I hope.

[quote="pseudo_opcode"Ok since you seem to understand my posts exceptionally well,tell me who i am ok?? ready???.....here we go[/quote]

Now, you are taking a (slight?) offense to what people tell you on the internet.
I don't need a Magic 8 Ball to see your BP is rising.

pseudo_opcode wrote:I use IDE for my work, like i mostly use php,javascript, C++,C etc generally i do this coding on windows

If i need to code exploits or analyze some code or write a proggy to nuke or something i use different language, C, assembly and lots debugging, gdb i mainly use linux for that
Would you like your cookie now or later?
pseudo_opcode wrote:so tell me a few things:-
1.Am i a real hacker or not?
2.What is color of hat i wear?
3.Do i switch hats(incase more than one hats) when i code 'differently'?
1. Only you know for sure. Besides, 'hacking' and 'hackers' encompasses a wide range of activites and individuals. Personally, I think DNR said it best.
2. Blue? Blue with white trim and a baseball team's logo?
3. I think the question should be: Do I switch hats depending on my outfit?
Then my answer would be:
Well, that would be up to you and your sense of style.

p_opcode, labels tend to become trite and cliché after awhile.
'Hacker' is an ambiguous term which one cannot easily say 'YOU are a hacker', 'YOU are not a hacker'.

[quote="pseudo_opcode"also another statement which you can quote and debate on was
"real l33t smartass" hackers use linux and n00b lame dumb people use windows

Please tell me if this is correct or not and why(with your spicy wits)
Windows users may feel offended.[/quote]

Firstly, you need more Tabasco.

I'm not going to continue this anymore, it really has no point.
Once we get into semantics, the point has sort of dissolved.

But if you would like to continue this discussion on the debate board, feel free.

LBG
"Hey, Crash!
Ever tried walking with no legs?

It's real slow!"
~Crunch, Crash Bandicoot TTR

LaBlueGirl

Post by LaBlueGirl »

pseudo_opcode wrote:
FrankB wrote:
pseudo_opcode wrote: yes they do but its not basis of their classification, you forgot to read whats after that

Bye.
no there is no classification, everything i wrote is imaginary, i want to beat J.K.Rowling and her Harry Potter series, how am i doing?
That was actually...funny :)
"Hey, Crash!

It's real slow!"

FrankB
Ph. D. in Sucko'logics
Ph. D. in Sucko'logics

Post by FrankB »

pseudo_opcode wrote:
FrankB wrote:
pseudo_opcode wrote: yes they do but its not basis of their classification, you forgot to read whats after that

Bye.
Gee, the sleeping diplomat in you said something really witty, my guts ! That last retort was better than a oneliner of the Sunday Times :-))))

RNA
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by RNA »

Holy snap, I know some of this was aimed at me, let me specify my point a bit more.

I dont have an issue with using an IDE when you know what youre doing, personally I'd rather not. However when learning its a really good idea to get the basics down and not have something do them for you.

Though Im going to be honest, I dont write programs to get them out the door, to get money or anything of the sort. So I cannot say its a bad idea in buisness, but I must say when learning its key to understand the basics before you have something automate.

#RNA

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

Come on guys... I think it is getting a bit out of topic.
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

First of all, i m not trying to prove anything, community is for people to discuss, if there is no discussion then it defeats the purpose of a community.
And discussion keeps my interest alive, imagine everyone just posting and no questions...how boring?
LaBlueGirl wrote:
pseudo_opcode wrote:Oh lol, i forgot to add something, "real l33t smartass" hackers use linux and n00b lame dumb people use windows
(sigh)
Nah i just added for you to 'classify' on one more basis as with previous forced classification..
LaBlueGirl wrote:
pseudo_opcode wrote:Ok since you seem to understand my posts exceptionally well,tell me who i am ok?? ready???.....here we go
Now, you are taking a (slight?) offense to what people tell you on the internet.
Oh cmon, this is something i learned from you, like your *style* of posting, everything in my previous posts were taken personally, or atleast it seems like, but damn i was talking in general.

LaBlueGirl wrote: 1. Only you know for sure. Besides, 'hacking' and 'hackers' encompasses a wide range of activites and individuals. Personally, I think DNR said it best.
Then my answer would be:
1.Hacking is a generic term, but i think it was clear in what context i was talking about, software(and not hardware), servers, networks etc.
2.Were you trying to joke or you seriously dont know what do i mean by black hats and white hats?
3.do i switch my hats depending upon my outfit?? Uh sorry i dont switch my ethics depending upon my outfits.
LaBlueGirl wrote:p_opcode, labels tend to become trite and cliché after awhile.
Vocabulary girl!!! :D
LaBlueGirl wrote:'Hacker' is an ambiguous term which one cannot easily say 'YOU are a hacker', 'YOU are not a hacker'.
Do you think i dont know that? As i said before my posts are being taken personally i m not telling anyone whether he's hacker or not, atleast i dont remember if i said so...
FrankB wrote:Gee, the sleeping diplomat in you said something really witty, my guts ! That last retort was better than a oneliner of the Sunday Times
"Last retort" ...lol
The diplomat was not sleeping, i dont find that funny either, i was surprised that you're not aware of any such classification, forget me, even people who are not into hacking are aware of this. That was just a *cool* way of saying this...
Or maybe you knew, but just wrote that for the sake of discussion...

LaBlueGirl

Post by LaBlueGirl »

RNA wrote:Holy snap, I know some of this was aimed at me, let me specify my point a bit more.

I dont have an issue with using an IDE when you know what youre doing, personally I'd rather not. However when learning its a really good idea to get the basics down and not have something do them for you.

Though Im going to be honest, I dont write programs to get them out the door, to get money or anything of the sort. So I cannot say its a bad idea in buisness, but I must say when learning its key to understand the basics before you have something automate.

#RNA
Hi, RNA.

As far as I'm concerned, none of my replies were directed at you.

In fact, I agree with you.

LBG
"Hey, Crash!

It's real slow!"

LaBlueGirl

Post by LaBlueGirl »

pseudo_opcode wrote:First of all, i m not trying to prove anything, community is for people to discuss, if there is no discussion then it defeats the purpose of a community.
And discussion keeps my interest alive, imagine everyone just posting and no questions...how boring?
True dat.
LaBlueGirl wrote:
pseudo_opcode wrote:Oh lol, i forgot to add something, "real l33t smartass" hackers use linux and n00b lame dumb people use windows
(sigh)
pseudo_opcode wrote:Nah i just added for you to 'classify' on one more basis as with previous forced classification..
1. Then it was your choice of words.
2. I'm not the one attempting to classify anything here. Unless you would like to talk about genus and species.
3. Forced classification? I did no such thing :)
If you can supply me with quotes where I forced a classification on anyone, I would be much obliged
LaBlueGirl wrote:
pseudo_opcode wrote:Ok since you seem to understand my posts exceptionally well,tell me who i am ok?? ready???.....here we go
pseudo_opcode wrote:Oh cmon, this is something i learned from you, like your *style* of posting, everything in my previous posts were taken personally, or atleast it seems like, but damn i was talking in general.
I can tell, and I'm actually glad to see it!

And really, if I was to get personal, there would be little to no humour involved. Least of all would I publish it on a public forum.
So now ya know.

LaBlueGirl wrote: 1. Only you know for sure. Besides, 'hacking' and 'hackers' encompasses a wide range of activites and individuals. Personally, I think DNR said it best.
Then my answer would be:
pseudo_opcode wrote:1.Hacking is a generic term, but i think it was clear in what context i was talking about, software(and not hardware), servers, networks etc.
2.Were you trying to joke or you seriously dont know what do i mean by black hats and white hats?
3.do i switch my hats depending upon my outfit?? Uh sorry i dont switch my ethics depending upon my outfits.
1. First you explicitly implied 'real' hackers code differently at home (i.e. Not with an IDE).
Then, you backpedalled in saying hackers aren't determined by their coding style.
THEN, you backpedalled further into saying you use an IDE, too :)
2. Of course I know, goofnut.
Colored hats and the preference thereof is media hype. It's like saying...
'Hey, I'm Wiccan b/c I've seen one on tv and I want to be cool, too!'.
3. This reminds me of my sweet early days, about 15 years ago. When most 'pagans' I knew tried to explain their 'alignment' or 'disposition' according to D&D:
chaotic evil, true neutral, etc etc.
Going around saying 'I'm white/black hat just sounds... silly :)

Most people true to their form (whatever said form may be), don't go around 'bragging' about it.
Real pagans don't go around telling the world 'Hey, I'm pagan look at me!'
Only flamin' gays run around shouting from the rooftops they are gay.
Real "hackers" don't go around saying 'Hey, I'm white hat/black hat, and I do this this and this on my computer!!'
Real martial artists don't go around bragging what color their belt is, nor do they walk around picking fights with people.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be proud of what you know nor share your knowledge.
On the internet, a lot of what we say may be misconstrued.
We don't hear each other's tone of voice, for example.

So be prepared to clarify, sometimes defend, define/elucidate, and be subjected to diatribe (or be the originator of said diatribe).
LaBlueGirl wrote:'Hacker' is an ambiguous term which one cannot easily say 'YOU are a hacker', 'YOU are not a hacker'.
pseudo_opcode wrote:Do you think i dont know that? As i said before my posts are being taken personally i m not telling anyone whether he's hacker or not, atleast i dont remember if i said so...
Well, yeah I do. (think you don't know that).
Or conversely, if you do you don't make your point clear enough.

The reason why I think that is b/c you asked me if the activities in which you participate in constitute 'hacking'.
Now, even if this was said in a sarcastic tone, (which was hard to determine), it left you open to a 'spicy' reply ;)
FrankB wrote:Gee, the sleeping diplomat in you said something really witty, my guts ! That last retort was better than a oneliner of the Sunday Times
"Last retort" ...lol
The diplomat was not sleeping, i dont find that funny either, i was surprised that you're not aware of any such classification, forget me, even people who are not into hacking are aware of this. That was just a *cool* way of saying this...
Or maybe you knew, but just wrote that for the sake of discussion...[/quote]

Well, this was directed at FrankB, so that's on him to reply.

All these quotes are getting on me wittle nerves :)
"Hey, Crash!

It's real slow!"

LaBlueGirl

Post by LaBlueGirl »

pseudo_opcode wrote:
I just read this, lol.

I warned ya, huh :)

Please, pseudo_opcode, let me try and make something more clear.

I'm not picking on you in particular.
Ok, I know it doesn't look that way, huh:)

But I pick on FrankB here, too:)
And he, me.

Most of what I say, please don't take personally. It's not meant as an attack, personal or otherwise.

Ya know what would really make my day???

The time when you and I an go back and forth in 'debates' and we'll both be laughing our arses off.
Really-really :)
"Hey, Crash!

It's real slow!"

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

I wrote: and professionals and hackers(at their home) code differently
Have you seen matrix? Thomas Anderson is a professional coder at his work and *at his home* he's a hacker known as Neo. He's living two lives.
I wrote: and professionals and hackers(at their home) code differently
It has nothing to do with any classification, a professional can be(and mostly is) a hacker also.
and then you say
LaBlueGirl wrote:Real programmers or hackers aren't determined by whether they code 'the long way' or the 'short way'.
Isnt it forced classification? You think i m trying to distinguish them?

I never backpedalled, i was just trying to prove this point from the beginning, i wanted to make it clear that i m not pointing fingers at anyone like you said
LaBlueGirl wrote:Frank said he used an IDE.
You say 'real' hackers code differently.
Therefore, you are not so subtly inferring the person in question is not a real hacker.
You were the one who ascribed a hat preference (or even if they deem it necessary to wear a hat in the first place) by whether or not a person uses an IDE.
How can i say anything about frank being a hacker or not without knowing anything? Thats what i said you made it look like as if it was intended at Frank. And Frank, i thought you took it personally since then, i dunno i may be wrong.

Regarding things like whitehats or blackhats, there's no point arguing on that, its personal belief, you think its something created by media and i personally believe its cool to call them blackhats or whitehats(if not based on their ethics)

So you may live in a world where hacker is someone who thinks out of the box to do things which are not supposed to be done. A broad, generic ambiguous term.

I live in a world where black hats and whitehats exist, hacker is a *only* a computer geek, in my world hacking is all about computers. One person can be a professional programmer in office(during day) and hacker at home(at midnight).

Who's wrong???
Lets not impose our thoughts to each other ;)
Last edited by pseudo_opcode on 12 Feb 2007, 04:35, edited 1 time in total.

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

LaBlueGirl wrote:And really, if I was to get personal, there would be little to no humour involved. Least of all would I publish it on a public forum.
So now ya know.
Ditto :D

And relax, frankly (pun intended) i dont feel offended or anything, we're just having a good chat, and i know none of us wants to pick anyone or is trying to be sarcastic to anyone.

Dont we talk to our brothers and sisters like that?

LaBlueGirl

Post by LaBlueGirl »

pseudo_opcode wrote:
LaBlueGirl wrote:And really, if I was to get personal, there would be little to no humour involved. Least of all would I publish it on a public forum.
So now ya know.
Ditto :D

And relax, frankly (pun intended) i dont feel offended or anything, we're just having a good chat, and i know none of us wants to pick anyone or is trying to be sarcastic to anyone.

Dont we talk to our brothers and sisters like that?
LOL.

My bro and I used to move the furniture out the way so we could settle our disputes 'mono et mono'. (or however it is spelled, I'm too lazy to Google right now).

I used to sit on my sis and give her noogies.

They'd prolly be *happy* if this would have been our conversations!!!!!

I'll get to your latest post. I've just spent about 3 hours on suck-o, and my brain is starting to hurt!!!
"Hey, Crash!

It's real slow!"