Yes!!!
100%

Total votes: 21

ayu
Staff
Staff

Norton really blows....

Post by ayu »

I have made a lot of anti-virus tests lately and all the tests has been done on a test computer and each test takes about 1 hour. BUT.....i started with Norton about 1 week ago....and i am still not done....when the installation was complete it instantly stopped working, the computer that is. I got it working but then it stopped again and again and again.

So today i was like "ffs will this ever end?!", so i made a fast decision and installed it on my main computer which has MUCH better performance more then 3 times the performance actually.

Anyway i have now installed Norton and the scan has started, has been scanning for about 3 fucking hours now and it takes ONE file at a time since all the files are threats. I can't do anything! everything is so fucking slow. It took some time just opening Firefox to write this.

Anyway now i am wondering before i even think of making this into a debate thread. Does ANYONE OUT THERE LIKE NORTON?! if anyone does then please post your "happy'" opinions about it so that i can kill them....instantly.

Cheers friends!
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

alien100
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by alien100 »

norton sucks!! i use to use it before and my pc was so slow , fuking norton uses some much recourses and does nothing i switched to avira and everything was fine then i switched to kaspersky and i am still with it but avira is pretty good too :lol:
[img]http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/9128/sig3copyyybq4.jpg[/img]

visser

Post by visser »

i have heard of reports of norton asking for shtuff it shouldnt be asking for. not to mention when was the last time you tired to turn norton off. i turned it off and it was still on. and even on a clean computer the scan takes extremely long. i suad screw it and got rid of it

ddb
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by ddb »

ok well imo it was getting better intill the 2007 one came out that shit blows.
well i didnt want to use it anymore. so iw as like ok im gonna unisnall you. i click remove it is like sorry norton blah blah blah so i couldnt uninstall so i did some research and you need to download a norton tool remove tool i was like wow.

any way i used to like it but now it sucks

DDb
[img]http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/5636/userbar148080yl1.gif[/img]

RNA
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by RNA »

Noton AV sucks, though there are some norton products that dont(partition magic mostly).

F4LSE

Post by F4LSE »

o i cant get over how much norton blows!!!! its just terrible end of debate! i have nothing but praise for zone alarm. They have a great system.

BluePass
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by BluePass »

Norton is bloated with all the crap you don't need which opens at start up and just wastes memory and precious CPU cycles. My favorite antivirus so far is BitDefender. Lightweight and does its job like it should.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

Kaspersky Internet Security is imo the best AV/firewall for Windows, just 2 processes in the background (not almost a dozen like with Norton), hourly virus definition updates and the firewall is highly configurable (that might be a little problem for beginners).
I am usually a friend of free software, but for Kaspersky I even payed and think it's worth it... :wink:

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

I totaly agree with bad_brain, although i haven't bought Kaspersky. Kaspersky is the best AV i have encountered so far, and i have tested a lot.

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

norton internet security has the worst firewall i have ever encountered and getting it configured to work with some apps can be a real pain in the ass and as for norton A/V just look at the difference in the time it takes a pc to start with that crap installed compared to any other A/V. I too prefer kaspersky although i would even go as far as to say i would rather install AVG fre before using norton ever again!

rhysh

Post by rhysh »

i use norton,pest patrol,avira,bit defender,trend micro pc cillan etc.
the best would be bit defender and avira
trend micro pics up alot of my tools as adware,yet ive never had one pop up from them,norton slows down my computer with auto protect,the scan takes 12 hours on 80 gigs of files,bitdefender is good but i wouldnt use just that alone,avira is good for virus definitions but wont pick up packed viruses that well.ive tested it,pest patrol is sort of crappy and i dont really use avg because i personaly hate the options and display.but norton has actually been satisfactory to me

shamir
Computer Manager
Computer Manager

Post by shamir »

this topic is old it should be locked [-X

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

shamir wrote:this topic is old it should be locked [-X
No not really, the tests i made when discovering that norton blows so much, just finished a few weeks ago. So this topic could still be discussed. if the date however was over 6 months old...then it's old enough to be "forgotten" imo =]

shamir
Computer Manager
Computer Manager

Post by shamir »

it died in april and was broght back by a usrename Diagnol in jul

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

shamir wrote:it died in april and was broght back by a usrename Diagnol in jul
Thats like dying just after you are born. It was made in april mate