Mac Power

Our very own fight club!
Shimo
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by Shimo »

I will sum up for you the entire reason why mac is getting so popular........ It is eye candy...... And it makes the complete computer inept think that they are so much better by useing incredibly wrong but catchy to those who don't know any better commercials..... Truth be told the day mac hits 20% of the market is the day it dies.. Purely on the fact that the only people that use the OS are the computer inept and with so many people using it, it will finally become a worthwhile endeavor for hackers.... The true good professionals that work for mac are few at best and they will never keep up with a constant onslaught of virus's.... Microsoft went through it but they had the best in the industry working for them so they were able to manage it and still do to this day.... Linux will always come out on top when it comes to fighting off virus because of the shear number of professionals already useing it and do the work for free any ways... The day linux takes up 15 % of the market the rate of new programs coming out for it will drop in half due to the number of people switching over to fight security threats. Well there you go mini rant.
[img]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q49/xblric9000000/ShimoSignature.jpg[/img]

puto
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by puto »

leechy9 wrote:meh, i hate macs. their made for like total idiots who dont do anything above checking email and getting online. i couldnt even find the root file system lol. (yes i used / seeing as how it is BSD based) anyways, my point is that their too gui based. if they allowed for a terminal instead of their "applescript" then i would say its a decent OS. i do have to say that they have nice media tools though.
Me and him share the same opinions on macs might be wrong for me to assume But i really don't have any intentions on ever using a mac i'm happy with my windows an Linux. i just dislike apple.

Well just this*meh, i hate macs. their made for like total idiots who dont do anything above checking email and getting online.*

I heard there good when it comes down to video editing and stuff like that But still i wont touch one.
Intelligence merely allows you to be more elaborately and ornately disastrously wrong.

ulysse

Post by ulysse »

Shimo wrote:I will sum up for you the entire reason why mac is getting so popular........ It is eye candy...... And it makes the complete computer inept think that they are so much better by useing incredibly wrong but catchy to those who don't know any better commercials..... Truth be told the day mac hits 20% of the market is the day it dies.. Purely on the fact that the only people that use the OS are the computer inept and with so many people using it, it will finally become a worthwhile endeavor for hackers.... The true good professionals that work for mac are few at best and they will never keep up with a constant onslaught of virus's.... Microsoft went through it but they had the best in the industry working for them so they were able to manage it and still do to this day.... Linux will always come out on top when it comes to fighting off virus because of the shear number of professionals already useing it and do the work for free any ways... The day linux takes up 15 % of the market the rate of new programs coming out for it will drop in half due to the number of people switching over to fight security threats. Well there you go mini rant.
Interesting hypothesis. I think i'll second that
Tough since its OS is made on a UNIX kernell, doesn't that means that you find the same exploits in both?

Shimo

Post by Shimo »

ulysse wrote: Interesting hypothesis. I think i'll second that
Tough since its OS is made on a UNIX kernell, doesn't that means that you find the same exploits in both?
It is a highly modified version from what I understood. Where they only based it off of it but made enough major changes that they were able to copy right it... I know it is illegal to make copies of their disk and if it was true unix it wouldn't. There may be a few similar flaws but not very many
[img]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q49/xblric9000000/ShimoSignature.jpg[/img]

nightkid

Post by nightkid »

i like the macbook pro, for a tower ill dual boot linux and winblows though. im on the go, working full time and attending a university full time so i dont have alot of time to play with linux on a book fixing all the errors and troubleshooting at the risk of destroying something and lossing all my work. i dabble in video editing and playing with CS3 in my spare time between classes i can always open my terminal and play around or enjoy the forums, also, i like the design =)

Holytoaster4

Post by Holytoaster4 »

I hate macs if i am trying to do something, but it is fun to make macs swear at other people in the mac lab and talk to it trying to make it do something right. Macs are annoying but you can have a decent conversation with them.
Holytoaster has become satanictoaster!

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

Linux is suppose to be this virus free system , which only the owner can fuck up right? Well mine is fucked up.. i think i maybe the first person in linux history to get a virus/trojan and have to format my ubuntu. now i think i have two ubuntus installed actully more.. when i goto grub boot menu i have like 5 diffrent versions showing..

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

itzm3 wrote:now i think i have two ubuntus installed actully more.. when i goto grub boot menu i have like 5 diffrent versions showing..
per default there are 2 entries:
a multi-user and a single user one (and/or recovery mode, depends)....and if you updated the system and a new updated kernel version was installed it adds 2 new entries again for the new kernel version. this makes sense, because let's say you have some special software installed that needs a specific kernel version to work, in case it doesn't work anymore with the new kernel you can still boot with the old kernel then.

if you want to get rid of the entries you don't use: open /boot/grub/menu.lst and comment out the entries there (don't remove them), it's pretty self-explanatory...in case you're not sure feel free to post the file content in http://code.suck-o.com

:wink: