Free 700 billion to big biz?

Our very own fight club!
DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

United States — Population: 301,139,947 (July 2007 est.)
According to https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/

Just give each us citizen 2.39 million dollars - that will get the economy paid off and simulated. The already rich people (say over 5 million dollars) get nothing.

I should be secretary of treasury and head of the DEA.

DNR

** oops yea I caught this thread in the middle. and I got better numbers than some piddling $2333 dollars ( I piss that away on bills every two months) The calculator I used was the one that came with Windows - so its got a error -/+ a million dollars there. :roll:
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

I should be secretary of treasury and head of the DEA.
And when you do, make sure your friends with the immigration officers and get me there to help test the finds :lol: . We could have a few smokes and use that malfunctioned calc and give the world what they want. :lol:

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

that 700 billion capital injection is neccesary, why? because it keeps the economy running. wihtout that 700 bil, people will not be able to puchase goods and a recession would be imminent and you do not want a recession as it will vaporise all the money you saved up.

As mentioned, the 700 billion is split up in various ways, mostly buying bad debt that was created by capitalistic companies (like the leeman brothers) They took a risk that gave them good numbers for their shareholders, but in the long run it was just over the edge. Not to mention the fact that the mortgages where sold under the assumption that 90% of all the people who bought such a mortgage do not know what the rules where in the game thus Obama mettling with the 700 bil and splitting it up on to supporting the consumer and that will make them keep their houses.

Now paying of your college debt is not part of this deal because it has nothing to do with bad debt, it was not created on purpose for commercial gain (as college institutes are mainly goverment property).

The 700 billion will go to the consumer indirectly, because it helps people maintain their jobs

I could rant so much more but gotta run to the store :)
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

Still_Learning
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by Still_Learning »

<-------- still not seeing any of that 700 Billion.. but AIG seems to be spending it well.

Maybe because im at the "Poor" mark.. I guess you hit the "Rich" mark once you start making 250k a year and over. My last job paid 18$ an hour and I thought that was alot.. if i made 250k a year i would be bounceing off the walls, doing back flips like i just won the lottery happy. Then I could pay off this college loan that ripped me off and there credits were no good, but the government let them operate while the republicans were in office and i cant claim bankruptcy on it. So i wasted a year and a half in this college and 30k money in this shitty overpriced college that told me I can transfer my credits to any school i want, which was a lie, and cant sue because they allready won the class action lawsuit and changed their name. (They were sued for the same reason , because the employees would get paid huge for signing up some young 18 yr old kid by lieing to them and saying they could transfer their credits from this school to any other regular college) I guess thats how they make their money, by lieing and cheating people, anyways.. I still dont beleive in the 700 billion $ bail out.. now it seems all the big companys want billion $ bail outs.. time will tell if Obama goes along with the auto bail out or not..

also whats wrong with Obama supporting the consumer? I think thats the way to go.. the customer is always right :-) fuck all them rich bastards for screwing the poor people over

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

I agree Still, I wish they would come up with a bailout from the 'ground up' meaning they give us the money to spend. I too have college loans that prevent me from going back to school (besides too much work).

It is a lesson not to depend on financial,corporation, educational, and governmental groups to take care of you. I learned to grow food, my wife and I hunt. I left the IT field right out of college, at that time people with Masters and Bachelors degrees were starting to have trouble finding work. I had gotten married so I knew I had to go right to work. I had many different jobs, you have to be flexible to do what it takes to get the money.

Ideally, the us gov should forgive student loans and promote free education. Then people would be smart enough to come up with their own survival plans i.e. re-invent themselves.
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

Yeah, I can say i strongly agree that education and health care should be priority.

I have no problem "surviveing" , i was a eagle scout. I need more then that though, nicer car, bigger house, badder guns, no bad credit debts, ect.. keep it moving forward, not trying to hit reverse

rhysh

Post by rhysh »

lol in aust we have to pay 90$ for bus passes now...gay