Debate: War for democracy

Our very own fight club!
Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Debate: War for democracy

Post by Big-E »

Just on piece of input;

Was the ENTIRE cold war not democracy versus communism? FREEDOM of the people? Isn't it ironic? What the government is now doing, is exactly what 1000's of soldiers died fighting against decades ago? Yet, we do not see it like this..my uncle, who is now a successful lawyer and a true patriot. He is haunted every single day; He sleeps with a gun under his pillow and has general paranoia all derived from Vietnam war...he fought for what? Nothing?

We are but a commodity, we must be numbered, labeled and counted - our worth is not measured by that of a human life, but by an aggregate value instead. When will we be poked and prodded like mere cattle in a slaughter house, furthermore..are we already those cows being prodded, yet we do not see is as such?

I leave you with these lyrics, I fucking love them, they mean a lot if you really think about it - written by a truely great artist, Eddie Vedder.

Code: Select all

When you want more than you have, you think you need...
and when you think more then you want, your thoughts begin to bleed.
I think I need to find a bigger place...
cause when you have more than you think, you need more space.
What I am getting at, is that the root of our problems is not that we can't see - it`s that we have our priorities set on seeing other things, things that have irrelevant meaning in the end.

Still_Learning
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by Still_Learning »

So exactly what are you trying to say? That material things are'nt everything? if so i agree with you. Yup, your also right about being labelled, you get a name and number since birth. SS#, government builds databases and all kinds of stuff to try and figure you out and track you forever.

I also understand what your uncle is dealing with from vietnam, i think the war in iraq will turn out like that, hopefully not but... you never know.. eaither way we need to take better care of our soldiers and veterans. 2 of my uncles got out from the vietnam draft because they said they smoked pot (honorable discharged for admitting it). The others served proudly and some have crazy mental problems, but i understand. What if you were in some forien country and people were running around with human ears around their neck like trophys, or planting bombs on children in attempt to kill you. That is beyond crazy.. but thats life. Sometimes its eaither do or die. Try to put yourself in the other persons shoes. Whoever has the most control over the planet or the most power, ect.. will be the people making the rules and writing the history.
Gone

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hm, imo the cold war was NOT about democracy or communism.....ok, one side stood for democracy and the other for communism, but imo it was all about global domination fantasies of politicians fueled by the arms industry.
I mean, what sense does it make to have nuclear weapons that can destroy the whole planet 50 times except filling the pockets of the arms industry?

I am surely not a friend of conspiracy theories, but if there is one theory that really makes sense to me then it's that JFK was killed because he announced that he will stop the US involvement in the Vietnam war...which would have meant a giant loss to the arms industry. and when such huge amounts of money are involved a life counts nothing, not even if it's the president of your own country.

there are just very few wars that have been fought for honorable reasons, I wouldn't even count WW2 as one because the intervention came way too late...it came when they HAD TO because it began to affect their own interests.

so the way to get rid of wars would be to get rid of money so goods and resources can be finally used for the good of all and not for the interest of a greedy minority.