This is an Alternate Reality

Our very own fight club!
DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

This is an Alternate Reality

Post by DNR »

I think the greatest struggle a person can have is handling Reality. The question of what is the right thing or the wrong thing to do, is only a small part of the formula called 'life'. Alternate reality can be intentional and deliberate or it can be unintentional - brainwash by political doubletalk, media advertisement, and even lies told to you by your parents, teachers, and other figures of authority.

people robbing, people raping, people loving, ...you'll regret.. people dying,people moving,..you'll forget... people lying, people living, people crying..you'll regret..

Hardcore, Cold, Plain Reality is not good - if we actually thought about what is happening around us - we would go insane. The reality that you or others are going through life like a gerbil running on a treadmill - rightfully unhappy, because your life is not your own. You owe the government taxes, you got credit overdue, and your parents expected you to be their family's shining star. So as a self-protection mechanism - we develop an Alternate Reality.

The one common Alternate Reality is fostered upon you by your parents and society is this: You go to school, get a degree, get a job, find a girl, marry, house with white picket fence, 2.5 children.

This plan was in effect even before you were born - this alternate reality of 'society' - and you had to fit in and learn step to the music they played. Many people did this alternate reality, ended up confused and dysfunctional - they confused their reality with real reality. They did something only because someone lead them to believe it was the right thing, the right reality..

You can create your own Alternate Reality - You do have the power to direct yourself. You'll be labeled "non-mainstream", "doesn't fit in", and "does not play well with others" - you step to the tune of your own music. And that is ok - you can try to live life as you feel - not as obligated. You might end up in jail, overdosed, or dead sooner than you should. Or you might be the next Linus, bill gates, Sergey Brin, or Martin Luther King..

Posers only stand in the spotlight - they want the benefits of certain alternate reality choices, but they hang back on the security of mainstream realities. They want power and glam that some alternate realities offer, but they need the security of society's mainstream acceptance. They rob themselves and others by their lack of real action in life.

Just like an ice pick screwing deep into your brain from your eye socket - I am trying to drive a point home..

This is NOT a rant about Alternate Reality - to discuss the pros and cons of various alternate realities the members of this small forum would be endless - and pointless.

The final nick to your brain stem is the point is we should not accept alternate realities - why not keep it as real as possible? Take the chance of going insane? Why not live life eyes wide open, and face the wind?

The insane part of reality #1 is that every day of our lives are ticking away. The #2 insane part of reality is that we have the ability to make every tick matter, that we can put forth every effort to be the best we were meant to be - But we are living our lives by standards put forth by others, our lives are under the control of circumstances - we are not in control of ourselves. Its time we stop thinking we are powerless to go against everyone else's Alternate Reality. Its time to take control of your own destiny, live as real as possible.

You get put in to a corner and four guys are going to kick your ass - do you cover up and hope for the best? (an alternate reality) Or do you want to try to fight your way out of that corner? (the real reality)

DNR
Last edited by DNR on 09 Apr 2009, 09:35, edited 5 times in total.
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Swan
Knight of the Sword
Knight of the Sword

Post by Swan »

Perspective, a bastard word if ever there was one. Used to justify murder, trivialize child abuse, and romanticize gangsters and hoodlums, it is also the word that sums up why and how we live our lives, the way we do.

The notion of alternate reality has been covered extensively, some would even say grossly so within the field of crimonology. The sociologists Albert Cohen and Robert Merton both espoused their own views regarding sub-cultures and deviant lifestyles. Every group, gang, clique or set within society has it own language, dress and rules of conduct, and a careful examination and awareness of even the rudimentary precepts of them can help give a deeper insight into life.

But people are not merely a label and a collection of sentences within a textbook. Such a propisition is existential cowardice, of the most appalling kind and one I despise! In order to transcend and better ourselves, we should be aware of not only what our goals and ambitions are (our "reality") but also WHY we have them so. Sometimes over-bearing influences within our lives can shape who we are for the better, and sometimes for the worse...

PS. If anyone is interested in reading some crimonology journals pertaining to the above points let me know. I have an academic account which makes me privy to these articles, free of charge. :wink:
To the wicked, I am merely too knowledgeable in their ways.

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

A Alternate lifestyle whatever sociological background you have, is in each and every one of us, its just a difference of how we present ourselves. If we wasn't we wouldn't be members of a hacking forum. We wouldn't be concerned about the one of the worlds most biggest and highest committed crimes....Internet security. Whether its to make sure you network is secure or learn how to defend yourself, maybe even retaliate, we all have a reason to be here and why we came here in the first place. We could have all been an active member of one of the more malicious sites and gone to the dark side. I admit, that i am a member of one of these dark sites and know of others that really went far but in the desire they yearned for. One of which is a member of this site and its not fair to mention his name but the speed i saw this person develop on all levels of hacking over a year period was admirable. I am sure one or 2 of you will recognise who i am on about. I no longer see him online on yahoo or msn on which i spoke to him often. The site on which he was active is also not online. He has not replied to emails and his server has been down for quite some time. I just hope nothing serious has happened to him.

There was another admin on this site i had a lot of admiration for, he was 14 years old and was another genius in the making if he had only the right guidance and not so much hate for the world, like some of us here, realise it for what it is! Sadly i still remember the email we all received about his suicide. He would code almost anything you wanted in a multitude of languages and would help co-ordinate successful attacks at bringing down other hacking sites. Suck-o was never one of these targets either but a few competitors may have been :lol:

It is not just criminals but all walks of life that lead this life style, but its only these activities that are logged and filed against which makes us criminals. Every organisation whether criminal or white collar has a alternate lifestyle, but as they see there's is acceptable amongst them they dont see the concept of other groups around them. Its another case of belonging, even for self gain.

At the moment here tonight on the news, they are making a big deal out f members of the parliament over their expense claims. Most of them are claiming for expenses of having 2 homes for over £150,000 each house and the same female MP also admitted she even put in a receipt to claim back the fee's for movies rented, which turned out they were pro's rented out by her husband which she has had to give a public apology for. The most that will happen to these people is a review on what the government can claim for in the future and by the time that legislation comes in they wont be in power, retired, or resigned and made there money anyway. Only difference is this is classed as legally obtained funds where they control who has what and again whether its a power on the street or in a board room, they are all the same.

Sometimes i wonder if i would have been better off leading a life of ignorance and took a different path in life....now i look forward to that life and even though everyone is struggling am glad that i am finally doing what i always wanted to do which was work with computers. Now since i found suck-o i have gone further than just doing repairs on windows system and trying to start a living from that to learning a whole new concept of IT with linux and web design, ruby as well as learning to hack, whether its hardware or software, even wardriving, i have suck-o, the admin and the members for that for making me want to stay learn and share what i can.
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Nice read DNR.

I cant speak much on this topic yet; my alternate reality is calling :twisted:
I will say that this is a much talked about topic in the mental hospitals and within myself.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

I wrote this thread to encourage people to question, to question not just authority, but themselves as well. If you look at a lot of things in our lives, you can see many hidden agendas perpetuated by media, political groups, religion, commerce, and just plain society 'norms'.

As I have gotten older, I seem to shed away a lot of misconceptions about my own life. I feel more comfortable making decisions about how I live, based on the real rules in life.

As a child I spake like a child, as an adult, I began to speak like an adult...

One of the codes that I find very strong - is the code that holds a person accountable for their actions, including their words. Man stripped away of everything else in life, still has control of his actions and words. If a man is defined by his words and actions, thats called Character.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.