Science gone wrong?

Our very own fight club!
CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

Science is not a lie.

Religion is more unbelievable than science is. As I said before that I am not against religion, but where in religion does it preach for an open mind toward another persons system of belief and opinions.

What wars have been fought in the name of Science? (other than political science plz kthx)

If it wasn't for science and open thinkers and tinkerers then humanity would still be left dark and desolate, and the earth highly unexplored. It was not religion that ushered in science. It was people who may or may not have been religious, pushing their interests and curiosities for finding explanations for all sorts of things.

There is so much that is still not even conceivable to the human mind yet, and it won't be religion that brings that enlightenment.

If for one day, just one day, the world could put aside their religious beliefs, think about what would happen.

It is theorized that if an alien species would land on this planet, human against human type prejudice and racism would shift radically and ultimately disappear. We need to stop thinking so small. Humanity needs to collectively start thinking together as a species rather than thinking about our differences.

The cycle continues as parental guardians teach their children to recognize and judge human differences. My suggestion? Do not be so quick to enforce your own belief systems upon your child, for they are an individual with only a likeness to yourself and not a copy. This is one of the only ways that the cycle of racism, prejudice and religious bias can be circumvented. Ultimately giving birth to generations who care not for the pettiness of skin color and religious beliefs of their forebears and present day world peers.

We all live on this planet together, we all bleed red. If nature determines us a threat, nature will make us extinct. We need to focus more on getting off of this planet, then staying and fighting over desks and shooting each other.

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

mystikblaze wrote:I'm sorry I have to mention this but didn't somebody mention they believe in science because it's proven rather then god? This thread completely derails that statement.
What exactly do you mean by that?

mystikblaze
Infinite Haze
Infinite Haze

Post by mystikblaze »

Last edited by mystikblaze on 21 Jun 2009, 08:56, edited 1 time in total.
Any fool can count the seeds in an apple. Only God can count all the apples in one seed. ~Robert H. Schuller
God is the greatest.

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

tbh I have no clue what your talking about mystik...

and how does this thread derail a statement such as "believing in science because it can be proven rather than god"

if anything it argues the benefits of casting away the mechanisms of 'self-righteousness-my-religion-is-better-than-yours-lets-fight' and looking at a more practical and reasoning form of thinking for the betterment the human species.

Plus in the uppermost parts of the thread it argues the questions "Can we understand everything" or "Information is infinite or not"

certainly, I see nothing in your post that is relative to the discussions in the thread...

Insection
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by Insection »

Lets not get off topic guys.

My main reason of this thread is to question the science taught today.

Whatever scientists are unsure of they make a bizarre "patch" that solves their problems.

Its like teaching youths the world is rotating around the earth :?

So my final point is we shouldn't be blinded by these theorys.

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

Moved to Debate and reopened. I don't believe there was a good justification for locking the thread.

Well, mystik, I don't believe your argument is valid, but is a red herring to the discussion. The article deals with percieved faults in our current scientific theories. Theories that, to the best of our evidence, support both atomic and quantum-mechanical theories even if the two juxtaposed are at odds with each other. Unless someone successfully proves that our current theories are wrong through careful experimentation, there is no legitimate claim.

No one said science knows everything, but since science is a self-correcting process through strict testing of hypotheses will result in a a greater knowledge of our surrounding environment.

ANY FURTHER MENTION OF RELIGION VS SCIENCE WILL RESULT IN THREAD LOCK

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

No one said science knows everything, but since science is a self-correcting process through strict testing of hypotheses will result in a a greater knowledge of our surrounding environment.
That should be the ultimate statement, not just about this particular article, or any study or POV on science.
If we consider ourselves Computer Scientist, then it would be wise for us to adapt to a 'self-correcting process, under strict testing of hypotheses'.

Good job Stav :wink:

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.