wohoo! I am a guinea pig!

Our very own fight club!
bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

wohoo! I am a guinea pig!

Post by bad_brain »

um, no thanks, please keep carrots and salad for yourself.. :lol:

as in most countries, in germany politicians also love to make up "severe threats" to keep the public busy in order to distract from the real problems.
usually they are pretty good in that (um, well, actually the people are simply stupid enough), but this time they failed in an epic way.

in the last months a real paranoia was rised by the media about that superkiller-disease (AIDS and cancer are are picknick compared to it) named swine-flu. millions of people already died in germany...um, oh, wait, actually just 3, and all of them were really sick before (they most likely would have died already from a broken fingernail too).

but hooray! millions and millions of Euro have been spent to create a vaccine, seems this is much more urgent than cancer were thousands of people die from every year. but ok, now here comes the fun part:
there are 2 different vaccine versions ("t" and "t+"), the "t" one is much more expensive than the "t+" one but well tested, the "t+" one is cheap but not really tested and already known to cause nasty side-effects. the government called all citizens to get vaccinations at doctors or medical centers, now guess what serum version we get...yeup, the "t+" one.
and now guess what serum versions our beloved politicians, VIPs and military commanders get....yeup: the "t" one.

needless to say that I will skip that vaccination.

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

I wouldn't take it either, not only because it causes nasty side effects but because I doubt it's as dangerous as they say it is. I believe they've exaggerated it a lot.
<conspiracy mode> Maybe it's gotta something to do with the world economic crisis. To raise money from people for a serum for a cold. Get some expert scientists to blow it out of proportions, say that it's very dangerous (=people HAVE TO buy serums to survive) and that it spreads very fast (=get people to buy them very fast), diagnose a few people who died from God knows what that they died because of the swine flu. </conspiracy mode>
This is just a conspiracy theory, although it could easily fit. A lot of people failed to this if it's right, besides who sane would gamble their life over money anyway? :P

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

I stay in my apartment most of the day, and I'm not in a risk group ... so I don't think I will get it either ^^
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

Swine Flu is in an area where I have some expertise, and I will gladly share some insight for those of you hear the horror or this class 6 PANDEMIC of the MOST INFECTIOUS DISEASE THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN...

No... it's not true, (but you knew that) what is true is that swine flu (H1N1) is not even as infections or deadly as the regular old flu, or bird flu for that matter (H5N1)... swine flu does have a nasty tendency to kill children, elderly and people who are immuno-deficient. (AIDS, EBV etc.) however, so a vaccine for them is encouraged, especially if they fall into 2 of the three categories, (4 yr with immuno-deficiency for example)

Vaccines, the two types of vaccines can be easily distinguished, one is a shot and the other is a nasal inhalant. Never get the shot, because the propellent in the shot is nasty, but why doesn't matter. The nasal inhalant is just dead virus so it's the lesser of two evils. To insure that you will not get the shot, when filling out the vaccine questionnaire check that you are allergic to eggs, which makes you unacceptable for the shot so the inhalant must be used.

A person between the ages of 15 and 45 has very little to worry about as far as swine flu goes (economic ruin is another matter all-together) so flipping out about it is not really necessary.

Hope this helps to demystify the media stress fest a bit.

Lundis
Distorter of Reality
Distorter of Reality

Post by Lundis »

Here pregnant women (among others) is a priority target for the vaccination... The shot...

Luckily they don't force anyone to take it, and no one wants it either.. ;)

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

Lundis wrote:Here pregnant women (among others) is a priority target for the vaccination... The shot...

Luckily they don't force anyone to take it, and no one wants it either.. ;)
I repeat... say you're allergic to eggs, in which case they cannot give you the shot, and in a mandatory vaccination environment they must give you the nasal or nothing at all.