Copyright Treaty Action [Debate]

Our very own fight club!
DrVirus
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Copyright Treaty Action [Debate]

Post by DrVirus »

Barbossa: The world used to be a bigger place.
Jack Sparrow: The world's still the same. There's just... less in it.

Honoring Starvos's wishes the actions can be considered in here.

Carrying on from p4's post the points are good man. No doubt. But I just wanna make a few remarks. Don't take it other wise.

Piracy : Let's face it, it's the birth right of everyone in this website to download unreasonably priced shit. One Windows 7 home edition costs about 7,000 bucks in my country. Now does Bill expects all of us, every computer user to pay that some for the OS ? Sorry Bill ! You are the richest man in the world. Not me !

Hacking Incidents : Skiddies will be skiddies. Don't forget you and I walked the same path they are walking. We met people like b_b , cthug, floddie, DNR they are not so lucky. But tell me something do they actually harm anyone ? They irritate, they annoy but do they harm ? Can they harm ?
If you have a creation there will be people misusing it. Name me one scientific break through that hasn't been misused . We are not going around banning those ! I mean US of A bombed Japan to all sort of hell killed a few thousand mutilated a few more. But did we ban Nuke ? No we let the users choose what to do with them. (Sorry Americans not dissing out at you !).

Anonymity : Yes you are right ! That is the main reason. These paranoid freaks need to know what we are talking about. What we are doing. And whether we can be controlled or not. See it's just good business !

Indestructibility : Now the last and foremost are we indestructible ? I know people are thinking, "Oh, come on. They can't stop us ! We will make something else. We will never be stopped. We will always be anonymous. We will always be able to do what we want. We will always download movies, mp3s and games."

Will we ?

For how long ? Yes this isn't the first time they tried to do this. And yes they might fail this time as well. Yeap we probably will find something else. But don't you all see something else ? Every time they try they take a piece of our freedom with them. How much do we have left ? How long will it last ?

Ending with the quote from the same movie I began with,
Barbossa: Still thinking about running, Jack? Think you can outrun the world? ...You know, the problem with being the last of anything, is that by and by, there'll be none left at all.
[/url]

Insection

Post by Insection »

Name me one scientific break through that hasn't been misused . We are not going around banning those ! I mean US of A bombed Japan to all sort of hell killed a few thousand mutilated a few more. But did we ban Nuke ? No we let the users choose what to do with them.

agreed

If it was up to me, id say no single government should have any say on the internet, after all its world wide web.

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

To me it makes all the sense in the world. The computer world gives as huge HDs and fast internet. Torrents are just the most logical step. You have space and speed. Now you need to use it for some thing. To me not doing torrents would just seem such a waste of resources. Why would I have a 12MB/s internet connection if I did not do torrents on it? I could do with far less. Sure from time to time I need to download some linux distro and it sure is nice to download it in a couple of minutes. Sure you go on IRC, messenger and visit a couple of websites but you do not need all that speed. Of course ISPs want us to buy huge internet packages. They earn more money that way. We are all in the same boat here. In fact right now there is in Australia a Cour case where anti-piracy people are going against Inet who is an Australian ISP on the case that they seeked out people who did torrents to sell them there mega internet packages. So that is why I think it is going to be a tough battle to get us all of this boat. We will see!
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal