American TV shows are racist

Our very own fight club!
n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

American TV shows are racist

Post by n3rd »

Okey, now this might be a stretch but bare with me

I like American TV shows alot, I watch them daily but listen to this conspiracy;

Lost: The black dude gets killed from the cast.
Smallville: The black dude gets killed from the cast
House: The black dude gets fired
Flashpoint: The awesome blackdude steps on a landmine
The Unit: The black dude gets shot
Flashforward: The blackdude commits suicide

I see a pattern here, do you?

all characters where part of the main cast of these shows.
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, I don't think 6 out of hundreds of shows are really enough to come to such a conclusion....that would be like saying the USA is "anti-chicken" because the chicken disappeared from Family Guy.... :lol:
and I bet other characters also disappeared from those shows. the only one of the ones you named I really know is House, and "Foreman" played a big role in all the 5 seasons I have seen yet, but his character ran into a dead end because his "moral struggle" grew old, no surprises left. and don't forget "Kutner" came on board in the meantime... :wink:

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

I can go on about other races aswell :P

but its just that they always kill off the black americans more often then other main cast members.

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

No. No I'm not. There's other factors in determining whether a character is "killed off" or leaves the show. There's contracts ending, contract (re)negotiations, director and actor relationship, the list goes on. People of other races are killed off too. Does that make them racist? This whole notion is laughable at best.

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

Stavros wrote:No. No I'm not. There's other factors in determining whether a character is "killed off" or leaves the show. There's contracts ending, contract (re)negotiations, director and actor relationship, the list goes on. People of other races are killed off too. Does that make them racist? This whole notion is laughable at best.
You are missing the point a bit :P, im more complaining about the fact that the amount of black people in TV shows is very limited, while most of the people I mentioned above, made the show more interesting and flavoured sorta speak.

I think its just nasty how they kill of these people that give the boring scene some more color (no pun intented)

DrVirus
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by DrVirus »

Do you realize something ? A white man mistreats the black man because he is white --- This statement is also racist.

Now I don't watch all the shows mentioned in the topic. Just House. And I have watched every episode released so far by the production (including season 6) Now the African American Dude who's called Eric Foreman. Is portrayed as the best doctor among both line of House's fellows. Perhaps second only to House. And when House goes away, Foreman get's to lead the team. And when House comes back but has his licence suspended for the time being, Foreman is still in charge with House posing as an advisor. But only this time Foreman gets to be the boss of Cameron and Chase. His former colleagues.

And he never actually got fired by House. He decided that House is effecting his morals. And though he would like to achieve the intellectual capacity of House, he wouldn't socially want to be like him. So he took an offer and quit. Chase was the one that got fired. And he(Chase) didn't even do anything wrong. So that you may call step brotherly behavior.

And if you want to bring up the Kutner suicide well he killed his contract because he got a job in the white house(in RL).

Get your facts straight buddy.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

And if you want to bring up the Kutner suicide
damn you, I'm not that far yet, House on german TV is 1 season behind...no House spoilers anymore please... :lol: :P

leetnigga

Re: American TV shows are racist

Post by leetnigga »

I've seen a lot of white dudes getting killed, getting fired, getting shot and committing suicide on television. I see a pattern there, do you?

IT'S A CONSPIRACY!

As mentioned Foreman wasn't fired, he quit. There was a white guy that was fired though, and now that I think of it, he was also Australian. Oh my god it's so racist!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

DrVirus wrote:Do you realize something ? A white man mistreats the black man because he is white --- This statement is also racist.

Now I don't watch all the shows mentioned in the topic. Just House. And I have watched every episode released so far by the production (including season 6) Now the African American Dude who's called Eric Foreman. Is portrayed as the best doctor among both line of House's fellows. Perhaps second only to House. And when House goes away, Foreman get's to lead the team. And when House comes back but has his licence suspended for the time being, Foreman is still in charge with House posing as an advisor. But only this time Foreman gets to be the boss of Cameron and Chase. His former colleagues.

And he never actually got fired by House. He decided that House is effecting his morals. And though he would like to achieve the intellectual capacity of House, he wouldn't socially want to be like him. So he took an offer and quit. Chase was the one that got fired. And he(Chase) didn't even do anything wrong. So that you may call step brotherly behavior.

And if you want to bring up the Kutner suicide well he killed his contract because he got a job in the white house(in RL).

Get your facts straight buddy.
I was not talking about kutner or Foreman, there where other black interns in the show aswell ;)

I got my facts straight.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

I always react when black people get killed in movies and TV shows first. but that's most likely because everyone is all "black people always dies first!", thus I only react when black people get killed.

We have to stop seeing it as a black or a white guy getting killed, but rather "oh my God, someone got killed" ^^

Oh, and as a side note. Watch your tongues when you debate. We don't want to throw shit at each other.
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

leetnigga

Post by leetnigga »

n3rd wrote:I was not talking about kutner or Foreman, there where other black interns in the show aswell ;)
How many white people did he not accept?

Read the link I posted.

DrVirus

Post by DrVirus »

n3rd wrote: I was not talking about kutner or Foreman, there where other black interns in the show aswell ;)

I got my facts straight.
There was one more if I recall correctly. Big Love. :D Hey that's what House called the guy. And we both knew from the start he wasn't gonna get selected. That is if you do watch House as religiously as I do :D. Again, get you facts straight buddy :D.

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

Edi Gathegi played Dr. Jeffrey Cole a geneticist, and the second-to-last candidate to be fired, behind Amber. A graduate of Brigham Young University and a Mormon, he often drew House's ire for being religious. He initially won praise for standing up for his beliefs, but was later fired because he subverted House's authority and bargained with Cuddy in the episode "You Don't Want to Know".

Im still right :P

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

this is dumb... must be a joke... must be

I say this as I try to resist the urge to point out the shows where black persons lived in lieu of white people, or were a black person is the lead role through an entire series where people come, go and die.

Truth is, there are actors and actresses who have contracts that expire, or are cancelled and the story evolves around that truth. A specific instance comes to mind in Andromeda where Tyr Anistasi is killed off in show. He was a great actor and added a lot to the show, I felt. His character was killed off when his contract expired because he went back to make soap operas, as he felt they could advance his career further... not because he was black.

To base an entire theory off of six TV shows is a bit silly.

There are a lot highlights to racism in American TV and cinema, but the black guy dieing is more likely a contract resolved then a statement about racism.

Night of the Living Dead for instance, the black guys survives the zombie invasion, only to be killed by the red-necks at the end... this is a statement about racism, while in NCIS, Director Shepard (white) being replaced by a new director (black) is not a statement about racism, it's becasue her contract ended and she did not resign with that show.

Lastly, I repeat... this is a dumb, ill informed and biased.

f4Gg0t_43

Post by f4Gg0t_43 »

I only watch 3 of those shows, and first of all, the black guy on House didn't get fired, he quit, and that was for like half a season he is back. However, House has fired a few WHITE people. As far as Lost goes, there's been tons of people who have died, not just 1 black person, a black, Hispanic (I think) and lot's of white people. And if those other shows killed off black people, I really doubt it was because of there skin color, it was probably because of there character. I hate people, that whenever something bad happens to a black person, it's automatically because he's black, and everyone's a racist.