kill vs suicide a weird perspective

Our very own fight club!
n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

kill vs suicide a weird perspective

Post by n3rd »

Okay so this is something I dont understand so please dont flame me for it.

If I go hunting and I shoot a bird/deer I am tought not to feel sorry for it.

If a human commits suicide I should feel sorry.

WHY THE FUCK should I feel sorry for a human? In the end we are just as much animalistic as a bird or a deer. so why? why do humans have to be so stupid?

btw I did not know the human that died in question...he just jumped in front of a train.
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

Lundis
Distorter of Reality
Distorter of Reality

Post by Lundis »

I don't feel sorry for ppl who suicides, but I guess that isn't your point xD

I think the reason you're supposed to feel sorry is due to empathy towards the people who actually knew the one who suicided.

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

yeah I didnt know the person. I mean, why do people get so emotional over something that happened to a person they didnt even know? I mean wtf?

if u do that, then u should also cry for the 3 african babies that die from dehydration every second right? I dont see people do that, and thats being a hypocrit. fuck I hate humans.

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

true, Though I cant really stand people who abuse pets..those people can die imho.

But as for the person, I said I didnt care that he died, I didnt know the person and had no relation to this person whatsoever, so wy should I show sorrow for his death? Like I stated before, millions of people die daily, why would 1 more make a difference?

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

p4inl0v3r wrote:I agree .... but if I come across someone who is close to the deceased, I would definitely say I'm sorry for the loss because I dont wanna be rude.
Frankly speaking, I wont feel a thing if I never knew him.
Ofcourse, its not to hurt people...its just that I dont care it sounds bad...but then again its the truth.

f4Gg0t_43
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by f4Gg0t_43 »

Most people don't feel sad, and who said you were supposed to feel sad? wtf?

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

Being a slaughter man and a butcher your right i don't feel sad but this is because it belongs to the food chain and is done humanely. If it was a friend that committed suicide the reason why i would be upset is i wouldn't be seeing this person again, at least not in this life time.

I used to go deer hunting with my dog. Its good to know you could survive in the wilderness if ever needed be. If its not food then i wouldn't kill it.
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Re: kill vs suicide a weird perspective

Post by lilrofl »

n3rd wrote: WHY THE FUCK should I feel sorry for a human? In the end we are just as much animalistic as a bird or a deer. so why? why do humans have to be so stupid?
You shouldn't feel sorry for someone who commits suicide, and there are a lot of reasons for that... but most of them are opinions.

Some people feel an innate sense of loss when a human dies, and some don't. Still others posture a sense of loss so as not to be outcast from the collective social structure, I feel the need to add that I posture a sense off loss as i rarely feel one.

But ACTUALLY feel loss... no... you are not obligated, nor should you be.

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

dude,
Its like asking the question why is it okay for a dog to fuck like 5 bitches a day and never talk to them again, but a human is an asshole for same thing.(no pun intended anywhere)

On a serious note you have mixed two things here,
Kill vs Suicide
animals vs humans

Kill vs Suicide,
I'd still be sorry if i saw or heard any animal commit a suicide, i'd feel for the living thing because he had no reason to live anymore or killing itself was its only option. That's the way i am, no one ever taught me to be sorry for someone.

As far as killing is concerned, i value life, be it human or animal, i am a pure vegetarian and if animal is killed i feel bad but i dont feel that bad as i would when a human is killed because

1. Animals dont have emotions like humans, or dependencies, i feel sorry for their loved ones and ones who loved him/her, who would miss her, whose part of life has gone.. animals? Do they even know whom their parents were and what happened to them? hell male animals wouldnt even know who their sons are, its not like they live in together or something

2.Even in animals i dont think there are a lot of species killing their same kinds, never really heard a tiger killing another one. So i think if a human kills another human, thats like being worse than animals, i dont know prolly they kill each other, i am no zoologist(but certainly they wont kill because he fucked his girl)

Lundis
Distorter of Reality
Distorter of Reality

Post by Lundis »

pseudo_opcode wrote:1. Animals dont have emotions like humans, or dependencies
They have feelings, although they're less sophisticated and they can't express them as easily as we can. Some dogs die shortly after their owner passes away. That's what I would call a dependency. Many animals take care of their children until they're ready to care for themselves. Another dependancy.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

right Lundis. I had a dog for 15 years...from being a little puppy until he died, and I can assure you dogs have almost the same scale of emotions as humans, you only have to spend a lot of time together with an animal to be able to interpret their way to express them... :wink:

telling if I am more sad about an animal or a human that dies is tricky....I mean, if you eat chicken wings you enjoy it even if you know that the chicken most likely had a horrible life and died in a terrible way. what tricks your mind is the fact that food usually don't look like it came from an animal I guess, at least I made the experience on the annual BBQ parties with some friends where a whole pig is grilled....I usually don't eat anything of it because I always think "poor little pig". now imagine a Chicken McNugget and you know what I mean.
I like to eat meat, but if possible I buy it at local farmers where I know the animals had a nice life.....what I really hate is when humans make animals suffer, may it be for profit, for fun, or for "science". I would have no problem with beating the shit out of somebody that makes an animal suffer.

to be honest I don't give a damn about most people that die, they would also give a damn if I do. best example: the goalkeeper of our national football team committed suicide yesterday, TV is occupied with people crying, 40.000 people met in his hometown, candles, minutes of silence, blah...but I only think "pffft, hypocrite and egoistic assholes, where have you been when some of our soldiers came back from afghanistan in caskets".
the only people I care of are family and friends (and of course their families and friends). of course I feel sympathy when I see a kid on TV that will die soon of leukemia for example, but let's be honest: it's out of mind 15 minutes later already.
Last edited by bad_brain on 11 Nov 2009, 17:11, edited 2 times in total.

Swan
Knight of the Sword
Knight of the Sword

Post by Swan »

I have to both agree and disagree with bad_brain's opinion....

I agree whole-heartedly with him on the hypocricsy issue, there is a real tendency to shift to "grief culture" and the hysteria kicks in. It turns into an emotional carnival, where people actively look to out do one another in just how grieving they are which is....well pathetic. It is nothing more than attention seeking narcissism of the highest order.

That said, everytime I hear of another UK soldier killed in combat, I do the same thing: light a candle, bow my head and think only of him for a minute. This does not mean I do not care about American or German soldiers, it is a token intended to respect ALL who have fallen in such circumstances.

Does that make me like the emotional vultures who flock to the german goalkeepers hometown? I do not rightly know....I guess the difference between me and them is that I honour the dead in private, than make a spectale of it. Whether such a distinction is indeed actually legitimate I have no idea.
To the wicked, I am merely too knowledgeable in their ways.