these new windows suck ass

Our very own fight club!
Oppconsulting
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

these new windows suck ass

Post by Oppconsulting »

I have been running vista and 7 for a couple of months now against my will!!!
and have found that both dam systems try there best to control your moves and what you can and cannot open I mean they put locks on all the dam folders screw that I found a nice hack called Take Ownership file on right click it blows the shit out of the operating system and takes full control you can even delete what the system has locked useful on my terabyte backup drive it locked junk folders so I deleted them lmao take that Microsoft and I have to have a firewall that bitches about everything and for the first time in years I have a antivirus and yes I turned off allot of the windows crap trust Microsoft heel no screw there firewall and antispyware and uac I turned it all off and use a firewall soft and a hardware firewall and don't use IE as often as possible but some crap has to have IE well have fun yall and screw Microsoft ](*,) :-({|= #-o
“As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot.”
― John Lennon
“One thing you can't hide - is when you're crippled inside.”
― John Lennon

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Re: these new windows suck ass

Post by lilrofl »

I'm not really sure what you're complaining about... and I've read your post a few times now.

I think Win7 is a step in the right direction, and have no real complaints about it. Third party browsers, firewalls and AV are readily available enough, that you have options... so I can't say that there is a fault with the OS there either.

As for UAC, meh... it's no different then root access windows popping up on a Linux box when you want to turn off pulseaudio. That minor annoyance is worth the modicum of security I feel.
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

I do not think you can compare vista and windows 7. I tried vista on my sisters laptop and it was then when I realized how bloated this operating system was. Even connecting to the internet you lost some nerves. I once had to write up a document and used the vistas word thing and I got some thing with .docx and nothing would open it. It was in fact their biggest blunder because a lot of people hated it. During that whole time I was using linux and testing out various linux distributions so I barely touched it. Just enough to get a taste of it and if I wanted to play games or some thing I used XP. I still do because Windows 7 uses 1 GB of RAM.
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

Oppconsulting

Post by Oppconsulting »

ok very old post but i think rules say never dead beats me im really board

first sorry the first post confused a few still working on better posting anyway

this was started because i am a die had xp pro fan and always will be

xp i could easily reg edit and in 5 min or less edit in services shut down all the crap

i ran xp many years many pcs i never had to backup as fast and often as these new ones

xp most of my backups were before changing boards or pcs or sharing

in summery of that rant i never had xp crash or trashed from virus or spyware

if it did it was so little i dont remember for me maybe not others xp was rock solid and advanced whatever you call the high users just below programmers i used to be

it was friendly easy to change and you could access anything any area

ok my view vista 7 i have lost so much data and valuable downloads its not funny

they are to me very unstable bloated and slow with mem maxed out at 2 gigs xp could at times a second or two i have shut windows 7 down to basic no animations like xp turned speed mode on it still takes almost a min to boot

and on top of those problems security its moron safe

i know about uac and all that and how to shut the security center down

ok fine now it wont nag and acts in that way the old xp

but cant change folders to classic cant change start menu

then the worst most every area a advanced user tries to open or copy to says locked some message

so you have to get a program i use called winbubles and a command called take ownership

this is in my eyes back steps so much work just to be able to do what you want

and at least my machine runs like crap on a all in one amd dual core runs slow

and when os is dying and your trying to not reload or put it off internet goes to old dsl or slower speeds

and with every reliable spy soft and good firewall int security soft i still got trashed once my drivers folder was empty and it was gone it became more unstable by the min untill dead and everything gone

3 or so programs put on auto detect updated daily and auto scan at night

and it got trashed never in my life and BB is running neked i have re downloaded so many i have 5 or more copies of both vista and 7

this one is untouched and so far running as good a win 7 does

i know every new program whatever goes to my terabyte drive

i have hundreds if not more restores restore point before every install

i made for first time in my life a windows repair whatever disk

some if not all of you may say this should always be done

but my point this pile of crap new technology all in one this crap win 7 is the first time in my life i ever have had to

my ex crashed a time or two but i have a repair tool called winternals went to it restore point my xp instantly back up and running

thats the other problem with vista 7 etc my 20 or more computer tools are obsolete

just good for board and mem test if even that with all this new crap

im that 80 year old on the porch cussing at you and shaking my stick

and win 8 no offense or insult intended is made for 20s and below social what twit what

i kinda know face crap but hate it

they now if you buy a name brand pc force windows 8 on you

and like this HP im on it refuses on the site to give any lower heck my pc went from any win 7 now last repair HP shut that down and only supports 64 7 32 7 is gone

everyone is all hyper about 64 faster better whatever

i see no difference on this machine speed anything and most of my 64 use all my programs are ols not 64 and some jam the dual core processor others just wont run

so in my eyes my outdated ass how is 64 better if my old antique programs wont run

some are gone no 64 versions but i love them so for me its to much negative

modern more educated or my gen that learned and kept up it may be ok

me i refused to keep up or relearn i already spent over twenty or more learning the old

it may still be taught or maybe not i started before there were pcs yea i was young not the point

my first pc was 8086 i think thats where they started no hard drive all run off a 5and a half floppy no need to go through the progression up through models

my firs hard drive pc on microwave cart defrag for fun just to watch the cart shake till it fell over one day

thats me books and all that outdated stuff

my eyes the past is getting erased and forgotten i cant tell you how many time i hear whats that or even my music whose that

and when the new is worse that the old and when the new like cell phones start killing

addictions like whatever phone pads whatever it be is like its glued and cant be left for a second

when nobody uses and half dont even know cameras

it just gets irritating and then os shoved down your throat that in my eyes and experience dont work worth a shit

thats what this post was and also just gibberish that dont come out like it is in my head so i get confusing :-({|= :-({|=
“As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot.”
― John Lennon
“One thing you can't hide - is when you're crippled inside.”
― John Lennon