Sony Hacked!

...let us know what you think, free speech!
Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Sony Hacked!

Post by Lyecdevf »

So I have not been on here for a while and noticed you guys still have not started a thread about sony getting hacked not once but twice. I mean that is just amazing do not you think?
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

ayu
Staff
Staff

Re: Sony Hacked!

Post by ayu »

I don't think it's very amazing to be honest ^^

Maybe a little bit strange that such a large company would have such obvious vulnerabilities.
It's just like any other company, where security is seen as something that takes up too much time, or simply seen as "not my job" by the ones who are responsible for the services that got hacked.

This is a common way to see security, and Sony had to learn the hard way how stupid that is.
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

I do not see a reason why you would be downplaying this. Think of all those PS3 players that got there credit card numbers, e-mails,...stolen. I think it is a big deal for all those millions of gamers.
- Hannibal

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, give away all your personal data and allow it to be stored online and you can not complain if it's stolen and/or abused. and especially Sony...well, if the data wouldn't have been stolen by others Sony itself still would have abused it, makes not a real difference imo... :lol:

maybe Sony should have spent more time on their security instead of developing rootkits... :roll:

Broken Angel
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by Broken Angel »

I heard they were keeping a track on the data that PS3 users were having?? As in from what I heard when a user inserted a thumb drive to it all the details of the data on it went to Sony so if anyone really wants to sue Sony it might hold this against that person? :-99
God Blessed Me With Forgiveness And I Forgive You With My Revenge...!

-Broken Angel

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hm, shouldn't be hard to track, simply set up a Linux box as gateway and capture the traffic....I would do it, but I have no PS3... :lol:

Broken Angel

Post by Broken Angel »

Best thing be to mod it ;) brick it and then leave PSN to rot. They have not yet started the service in our place yet. I mean it was never in here :P
God Blessed Me With Forgiveness And I Forgive You With My Revenge...!

-Broken Angel

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

I do not feel bad for all those PS3 users but still it is a big deal any way you look at it. First of all Sony got hacked two times in a row and the last time by a simple sql injection. If you think about it such a lack of security by such a huge company...it just does not compute.
- Hannibal

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Lyecdevf wrote:I do not see a reason why you would be downplaying this. Think of all those PS3 players that got there credit card numbers, e-mails,...stolen. I think it is a big deal for all those millions of gamers.
Don't take me wrong, of course it sucks to get your stuff stolen like that, but I simply ain't amazed/surprised by it.
It happens everyday, just that this was a big and known company that got a lot of attention, and they did the huge mistake by storing all that data in the same vulnerable area.
Lyecdevf wrote: I do not feel bad for all those PS3 users but still it is a big deal any way you look at it. First of all Sony got hacked two times in a row and the last time by a simple sql injection. If you think about it such a lack of security by such a huge company...it just does not compute.
It's a bit sad indeed that such a big company has such sucky security.
But they spend more time on their products, sell sell sell as much as possible, produce and sell sell again.
Security is never something that comes to mind when you are making a lot of money and fast, until it's too late.
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

Not surprised about the Sony attacks - if you look at the data that has been leaked its agreeable that the company had it coming. If anything beneficial will come of it, Sony will put forth the necessary resources to fix the problems and get their systems analysts fixing the design flaws.

Attacks such as the data breach of Citibank recently give me more pause for consideration than the Sony breach to be honest. I can make many different assumptions about the Sony breach on who, why, and how - it could be for sport, it could of been to get Sony to wake up, it could have been for illegal purposes - it could be all of those things- whereas the purpose of an attack and breach of a financial institution is pretty damn clear.