To the victims of the Norway massacre

...let us know what you think, free speech!
ayu
Staff
Staff

Re: To the victims of the Norway massacre

Post by ayu »

DNR wrote:typical LEO response time:

"A 28-year-old barricaded gunman was found dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound this afternoon following a 5-hour standoff with police near the area of M-59 and Van Dyke, according to Utica police.

Utica police were called to the man’s residence on the 45000 block of Brownell about 10:30 a.m. after his 21-year-old girlfriend went to the police station to file a report that he had pointed a gun at her during an argument inside of the home.

Officers responded to the home but were unable to make contact with the gunman, police Chief David Faber said in a news release. Police had been warned by the woman that the man had weapons inside.

Utica police called the Macomb County Sheriff’s SWAT team for assistance in resolving the standoff. SWAT members entered the home about 3:30 p.m. and found the gunman deceased, Faber said in the release."

5 fuckin hours. These guys can gear up in level IIIa armor, with a ballistic sheild, flashbangs, and submachine guns in 20 minutes. Yet, command and control still takes 5 hours to give the "go' command.

Again, more and more experience in my life - shows you better do everything you can to prevent being a victim - help can be late or non-existant, criminals have rights, and they have a 50/50 chance of not being caught and convicted. when the shit hits the fan you better be able to count on yourself.

DNR

This thread might be split into a debate thread as well soon ^^

Anyway, the problem I see with "everyone having guns" is that in this situation in Norway, a lot of people would have tried to shoot him when he was going to court.
There are parents in that mass who lost their only children and don't have much else to loose in life (or so they think at the moment), so bringing a gun and killing him would be on their top list of "todo" suff.
The only reason they haven't is because regular people don't have guns in Scandinavia, only criminals who buy it from people who smuggle it from outside of the country, have it.
There are rare cases where you can have it legally, but very rare. Hunters are allowed to have some sort of weapons for example.
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Re: To the victims of the Norway massacre

Post by DNR »

The gunman I see was a farm owner, hunter and belonged to a gun club - the rules I believe for gun ownership.

As far as people shooting criminals at court, in the USA we all pretty much have guns, and that rarely happens.

I still believe that if one boat owner, a local person had a firearm, they could have been a first responder and stopped the gunman.

anyways - this thread was for the victims, I guess if we continue a debate on justice, that will be another thread.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.