The media: Half truths, whole lies

...let us know what you think, free speech!
Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

The media: Half truths, whole lies

Post by Gogeta70 »

http://wimp.com/misquoteschild/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is why i don't even watch the news.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

lonewolf
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Re: The media: Half truths, whole lies

Post by lonewolf »

I used to work in the Chicago land area until 2009. It is funny that a city that bans all guns should have any gun activity.

Kind of short and sweet all the news medium wants to do is push an agenda. Strike fear into the minds of the people to push more gun control laws. I really do believe that 2012 will be the year the push to disarm the people will begin

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

lonewolf wrote:I used to work in the Chicago land area until 2009. It is funny that a city that bans all guns should have any gun activity.

Kind of short and sweet all the news medium wants to do is push an agenda. Strike fear into the minds of the people to push more gun control laws. I really do believe that 2012 will be the year the push to disarm the people will begin
It's already happening. With the ATF's Operation Fast and Furious coming to light, I would not be surprised if the ATF under the Obama Administration (regardless of keeping POTUS in or out of the loop) would push for more gun control. And an obligatory video from Judge Napolitano

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Our state had changed conceal weapons permit to allow anyone for any reason to get one, provided they are legal. Crime has not risen contrary to what antigun people thought. Less than 2% of legal CCW holders had any legal problems.

Gun control only restricts ownership to legal peoples - they are the ones who are victims in crime, not the perpetrators.

Crime is the result of population, when jobs and education cannot keep up- the people get unhappy and do not believe in the future. People feel trapped, and they want the same entitlement all the rich people got. Governments and even corporates keep people in such a situation, because crime is a business for them - hence the news reports to incite Fear, Uncertainty, and Despair.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

the media can't be trusted. there is no real journalism anymore (for me journalism is about uncovering the truth), because the media became a whore for the ones that pay the most and the ones with the most power and influence.

I am following the mainstream media in germany very closely, and it's alarming how manipulative it is....from "forgetting an important detail" over "ignoring an important incident completely" up to plain lies: you can get it all.

here's a good example:

in germany a new political party was founded, named "Die Freiheit" ("The Freedom"), and I really support this party because they don't play the game of stupid political correctness and they are not corrupt lobbyists....they are people that are concerned about the future of the country, not about how much money they can stuff into their pockets.
of course the established political parties hate them, and the media is under control of those parties...so why not making use of the media to discredit the new party, like every good dictator in a banana republic would do, right?

ok, so now look at those dumbfucks:

those guys, we call them "Stan and Ollie" here, showed up at a demonstration of the new party, one of them wearing a Harrington jacket, boots and wanna-be-skinhead haircut (can't be more stereotype), the fat one wearing a shirt of a neonazi band.
the next day the media printed pics of those guys all over as proof that the new party is a "neonazi" one, and telling those 2 guys are the kind of people that are attracted by and are members of that party.
a little later the truth came out: they have been hired by the WDR (german TV station, owned by the state) as agent provocateurs. that fact of course never made it into the mainstream media.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Good report BB

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Lundis
Distorter of Reality
Distorter of Reality

Post by Lundis »

Media is flawed by design. It has to be profitable, so naturally they only publish what ppl enjoy or want to read. Also, the journalists dont really have the time and resources to get involved properly in most situations, resulting in cheap shallow articles that doesnt reveal shit. The problem here is that the media is what shapes the average person's reality model. What this means on a large scale is that who dumbs the population down is the one group that were meant to enlighten them.

I assume you figured out whether i read the news or not from my post. Damn, my mind is so clear today, must be the lack of lack of sleep. :D