I finally got me some high speed internet...

...let us know what you think, free speech!
Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

I finally got me some high speed internet...

Post by Gogeta70 »

I nearly blew a load when i saw this...

8O
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

lonewolf
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Re: I finally got me some high speed internet...

Post by lonewolf »

Bitchen, cool, knarley, gag me with a ginsu, etc. Hopefully someday I will reach that plateau of speed. Right now I have a 3g card in a piss poor location that if lucky can reach the speed of dialup.

And for what it is worth an old saying do not go faster than you want to crash through a firewall at. :o) Or was that do not drive faster than you want to crash through a fence at? I can never remember.

Broken Angel

Post by Broken Angel »

well mind changing the MB/s to KB/s pls... and then you can be as fast as my connection. #-o beat it -_-
God Blessed Me With Forgiveness And I Forgive You With My Revenge...!

-Broken Angel

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

Well, I'm paying for a 2Mbps download and 512Kbps upload and I got this:

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

misleading.

My test was skewed as Traceroute will always show me as being in Ohio, while I am a full state away. Verizon broadband is actually cellular technology - so I am bouncing cellular towers to reach a facility that feeds it to an internet link. The speed test does not take in consideration of this part of internet commo. If I change location, I change cellular towers, and I can pick a tower that is oversaturated with cell phone users that it lags me. This lag is separate from internet lag as found on ISP services. Cellular technology can also cause me to roam or hop towers, creating a dynamic route for packets.

Traceroutes from landlines, cable TV/internet, ISP lines tend to locate users closer than broadband technology that uses cellular as a part of the internet scheme. Those can be almost accurate to within miles. Pinging or tracing Broadband such as mine will show the ISP colocation facility where the cellular commo connects to the internet, not where the user is accessing the cellular network. You would have to google the cell phone number to locate the user.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Lundis
Distorter of Reality
Distorter of Reality

Post by Lundis »

Gotta love the uni network, but it's hard to find servers on speedtest that can handle the full speed ;)

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

all hail lundis T1!

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Lol, damn. That's just fucking crazy fast O_O
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...