well shit. Speeding Ticket or not?

...let us know what you think, free speech!
DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

well shit. Speeding Ticket or not?

Post by DNR »

So I was out running around and got snagged on the freeway by police.

87mph in a 70mph zone. He wrote he used laser.

Now, he was nice enough to write it for "impeding traffic" (at 87mph lol!)
Which is a $175 fine, no points. ](*,)

now, the funny thing -when he wrote this computerized ticket,
He wrote the ticket with me in some white lincoln with plate #xXxxxx
I never owned or drove such car.

And i was driving an White Olds Intrigue with plate #correct

Since he signed the ticket as "this is true to the best of my knowledge and facts.."
I think perhaps the ticket is void, as the wrong vehicle makes the ticket - wrong because the facts in front of him (all he had to do was look up and see the car in front of him was neither a lincoln nor displaying that particular plate. I could question his attestation of shooting me with a laser - 'was it me, or the lincoln?".

Another court battle coming up I presume..

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Re: well shit. Speeding Ticket or not?

Post by computathug »

Did you sign the ticket buddy?

I had the same issue here a few years ago with the officer getting the wrong registration plate but i didn't know much about law then as i do now.

i would if it happened now, have no hesitation in going to court and representing myself and proving that the officer is obviously not competent to do his job, i would also ask for the report on when the lazer was last calibrated, if he is that lazy he cant get your registration right there is also a good chance he hadn't done any other of the procedures correctly too ;)

Keep me updated bro *thumb*
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

yep - did not sign ticket (not required for CI)
i did not admit to speeding (audio recording)

The plan is to let him use his notes to describe a 'wht lincoln speeding and tagged by laser (also he did not record the device # on the ticket) So i could ask about calibration and his certifications.

We'll see, got more important things..

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

lonewolf
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by lonewolf »

Humorous, Wrong make, wrong model, wrong plates oops. Somehow I do not think it will get to the certification stage.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

exactly - I am too good at leading people, I can get people to talk and bury themselves - then break out the evidence. Thats the plan.

Me:"so officer describe the event in question"
Officer looks at ticket "Yea, I stopped you driving a wht lincoln plate #5555 I had lasered at 87mph.Traveling East bound 696."
Me: "You say you lasered a wht lincoln, and had the vehicle in front of you to observe the plate #55555, correct?"
Officer "yep!"
Me: "you said you lasered a wht lincoln, I own a wht olds, you wrote here you pulled over a wht lincoln with plate #5555, and yet, I own a wht olds with plate #44444. On the ticket, you also indicate I was traveling east bound, and yet your audio/video recording should show us on the west bound side, and my own statement I was passing I75 exit to get to Burmuda st."
"Your honor, this ticket has so many errors - it is not factual. There are so many mistakes, that I can ask you to consider that the officer pulled over the wrong vehicle - even the officer cannot be sure where he was at, what vehicle I was driving, and could not even record my plate number as my vehicle was stopped in front of him."

We'll see.

DNR
-

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

Its an easy case to win but will it be worth the agro afterwards? Sometimes its better to run away and fight another day, even though you can beat down his ass e will probably wage a vendetta against you.
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

I thought about it too, the officer did give me a break - $175 fine is better than a report to DMV and increased insurance. I am guilty of another crime, speeding - so I should accept my guilt. I do on occasion spend more than $175 just clubbing around one night, so I stay home one night lol.
I used to be on the Madison Heights PD pistol team, I am just more disappointed at the errors on the ticket than anything else.

DNR
-

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

I dont think it would hurt to take it to court anyways? My child hit a trash truck and got a ticket, she took it to court and it was reduced $20 bucks. Lol she gave it a shot. Seriously DNR think about it.
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

welcome back floodie. Well, the Capitol protest Sept 7th is more pressing, more on that later...

DNR
-