College- A new direction

...let us know what you think, free speech!
ilkjester
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

College- A new direction

Post by ilkjester »

So after getting off work at 2 am the morning of New years. I came home with the intention to fill out my fafsa. Mind you I don't have my w2 yet so I might have to change some of my tax information when I get that. The great news about that is now that I am 23 before the start of the year I no longer have to claim my parents income and am considered independent. Even though I haven't lived with my parents since I was 18. After school I will have a better career. One I would enjoy a lot more. Plus I am thrilled to learn more. I do like cooking. I just don't want be a line cook for 9.25 the rest of my life. Feels like I could have done better. Learned more. Not that I haven't learned a lot. Just not a lot about computers which is what I have a desire to learn.
edit, glitch mob,sage francis, prefuse 73, gousien, andre nickatina, guilty simpson, j dilla, stones throw, mf doom, atmosphere, aesop rock, alias, block head, boom bip, dose one, busdriver, ttc, cannibal ox, dabrye, girl talk, heiroglyphics,2 mex, look d

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: College- A new direction

Post by bad_brain »

sounds great man! =D>
you can get into computing by learning on your own too, like I mostly did, but it's a lot harder than learning together with others and of course you can show a degree if you want to get a job at a company.
so go for it, I started to turn my old passion into a profession in my early 30's after I simply had enough of working in pointless jobs...and I have never regret it. :D

ilkjester

Post by ilkjester »

I know I don't have to go to a college to learn anything. Its more of way should I pass an opportunity up like this. If they will help pay for school. I qualified for a 5500 pell grant and 9500 stafford loan. I of course don't know if I will get the full amount of the grant or not. If so that could be enough in just grants that I could pay for a full years tuition at a cc.
edit, glitch mob,sage francis, prefuse 73, gousien, andre nickatina, guilty simpson, j dilla, stones throw, mf doom, atmosphere, aesop rock, alias, block head, boom bip, dose one, busdriver, ttc, cannibal ox, dabrye, girl talk, heiroglyphics,2 mex, look d

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Take advantage of it. I cant stress how much the mind opens up in school, that is if you want to learn. Also keep in mind that good grades wont get you a job alone. Nowadays several test are given during the interviewing process (depending on your major of course), so soak it in completely. Good luck.
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

While you might have natural interest or ability with computers or networks, legitimate work requires you prove you know your stuff. I already knew computers before I went to college, so I aced everything, was the teacher's lab rat, and used the computer lab as my own.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.