Why Anti-Authoritarians are Diagnosed as Mentally Ill

...let us know what you think, free speech!
Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Why Anti-Authoritarians are Diagnosed as Mentally Ill

Post by Stavros »

Code: Select all

http://www.madinamerica.com/2012/02/why-anti-authoritarians-are-diagnosed-as-mentally-ill/
Excerpt:
In my career as a psychologist, I have talked with hundreds of people previously diagnosed by other professionals with oppositional defiant disorder, attention deficit hyperactive disorder, anxiety disorder and other psychiatric illnesses, and I am struck by (1) how many of those diagnosed are essentially anti-authoritarians, and (2) how those professionals who have diagnosed them are not.

Anti-authoritarians question whether an authority is a legitimate one before taking that authority seriously. Evaluating the legitimacy of authorities includes assessing whether or not authorities actually know what they are talking about, are honest, and care about those people who are respecting their authority. And when anti-authoritarians assess an authority to be illegitimate, they challenge and resist that authority—sometimes aggressively and sometimes passive-aggressively, sometimes wisely and sometimes not.

Some activists lament how few anti-authoritarians there appear to be in the United States. One reason could be that many natural anti-authoritarians are now psychopathologized and medicated before they achieve political consciousness of society’s most oppressive authorities.
Food for thought.

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Why Anti-Authoritarians are Diagnosed as Mentally Ill

Post by computathug »

Sometimes we question authority and rightly so, in fact authority should always be questioned. The question is who has authority over YOU and why you feel they have authority. Are people in 'AUTHORITY' doing as they should and respect that authority or are they allowing the authority to abuse that authority while saying nothing. This can be called anti- but the reason not to question authority is down to public ignorance.

Some people feel they have more rights than others while others are happy to share what rights they feel they have. My question to this is what rights does anyone have to give someone else an order ...... unless the order is under contract, which is how the system works. The governments have used 'Statute Laws' to govern us for years but these are not laws at all, they are statutes which means they are Rules, these Rules were created to govern us and enslave us. Everything you do is to keep you living on life's breadline, on the edge, they need to do this to keep their authority. A power over you, that they wield because you give consent.
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com

Lundis
Distorter of Reality
Distorter of Reality

Post by Lundis »

To me (a very mentally ill guy), authority is having an idea, the willingness to share it to others and the actual power(physical, social structure rules(implicit and explicit) ) to enforce it upon others.

I don't believe anyone has any rights at all to judge others' behaviors, unless it really hurts other people for real (like raping, robbing, killing). If someone wanna run naked in the street, let them. They hurt no one.

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

Lundis wrote:To me (a very mentally ill guy), authority is having an idea, the willingness to share it to others and the actual power(physical, social structure rules(implicit and explicit) ) to enforce it upon others.

I don't believe anyone has any rights at all to judge others' behaviors, unless it really hurts other people for real (like raping, robbing, killing). If someone wanna run naked in the street, let them. They hurt no one.
Natural Law - As long as you have not caused injury, loss or harm then where has the crime been committed.

There has to be an injured party for any law to have been broken. If there is no injured 3rd party then where has there been a crime.

If you are interested at this type of information then may i suggest the Universal Community Trust website http://www.freetheplanet.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and for something which deals with communities and how public services should be representing the people we have the People's Public Trust http://www.peoplespublictrust.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Both are recommended.
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com