Space travel is now available from a store near you.

...let us know what you think, free speech!
computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Space travel is now available from a store near you.

Post by computathug »

WHY ET3?
Transportation should be clean, green, fast, comfortable and affordable for all; It must also be financially sustainable on a global level. THE TIME FOR A NEW MODE OF TRANSPORTATION IS NOW!

WHAT IS ET3 and HOW DOES IT WORK?
ET3 is literally "Space Travel on Earth". ET3 is silent, low cost, safe, faster than jets, and is electric.

Car sized passenger capsules travel in 1.5m (5') diameter tubes on frictionless maglev. Air is permanently removed from the two-way tubes that are built along a travel route. Airlocks at stations allow transfer of capsules without admitting air. Linear electric motors accelerate the capsules, which then coast through the vacuum for the remainder of the trip using no additional power. Most of the energy is regenerated as the capsules slow down. ET3 can provide 50 times more transportation per kWh than electric cars or trains.

Speed in initial ET3 systems is 600km/h (370 mph) for in state trips, and will be developed to 6,500 km/h (4,000 mph) for international travel that will allow passenger or cargo travel from New York to Beijing in 2 hours. ET3 is networked like freeways, except the capsules are automatically routed from origin to destination.

ET3 capsules weigh only 183 kg (400 lbs), yet like an automobile, can carry up to six people or 367 kg (800 lbs) of cargo. Compared to high speed rail, ET3 needs only 1/20th the material to build because the vehicles are so light. With automated passive switching, a pair of ET3 tubes can exceed the capacity of a 32 lane freeway. ET3 can be built for 1/10th the cost of High Speed Rail, or 1/4th the cost of a freeway.

ET3 stands for Evacuated Tube Transport Technologies. The company et3.com Inc. is an open consortium of licensees dedicated to global implementation of Evacuated Tube Transport (ETT).

Code: Select all

http://et3.com/

Code: Select all

http://et3.net
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Re: Space travel is now available from a store near you.

Post by Gogeta70 »

I thought this was some sort of elaborate joke at first, lol. This is pretty cool. They should rename their company to 'Aperture Science' :P
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

lonewolf
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by lonewolf »

That is really cool the only question I would have is what happens if your capsule springs an air leak while travelling. Would you show up half baked or boiled.

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

There will probably be certain safety measures in place. Emergency stop, emergency air tanks, etc. The only thing i'm wondering about is power failure. If the motor fails or something like that, what happens? You only have a limited supply of oxygen, and as far as i can tell, there won't be any sort of escape hatch.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

I looke for a site saying it was all a con with Mabs but found nothing, this really does look serious but you aint heard about it on no news program thats for sure so who is it for??
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com

Lundis
Distorter of Reality
Distorter of Reality

Post by Lundis »

The sites look pretty outdated... But the idea makes sense. Shouldn't be too long before someone makes a business plan out of it.