b_b at the Meatmen show! :D

...let us know what you think, free speech!
bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

b_b at the Meatmen show! :D

Post by bad_brain »

been on the Meatmen show yesterday, it was AWESOME! bad hangover today, my throat hurts from yelling, my legs hurt from jumping around...wonderful! :lol: \:D/

took some short clips and pics:

[youtube][/youtube]

and here's me with Tesco Vee!

special thanks to DNR, of course I told Tesco regards from you! :D

ayu
Staff
Staff

Re: b_b at the Meatmen show! :D

Post by ayu »

haha awesome :D
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Good to see you are out and kicking ass. Looks like it was a fun time.
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

yeah, I have been on Turbonegro, Beastie Boys, Spock's Beard and some more, but the Meatmen show was the best of them all! where else you can come into the club and sit right next to the singer and the bass player at the bar before the show? and the volume was WOW! right in your face! you can even see on the video how the camera vibrates... 8O

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

wow, and wowser, good to see you enjoying yourself bro, looks like you had a really good time.

Good on ya *thumb*
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

awesome times :)

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

I had first met Tesco Vee of the Meatmen back in the 1980's. He lives in my state. He is also a grower, for medical use ; )

I ran in to him about 2 years ago, and he was starting the band back up again. I guess I quickly was accepted in to the family, I know his wife, his sons, the band members and their families.

The show is defo unique - its a visual show, comedy, and music. At the Detroit show, he had a wrestler - the almighty sheik come on stage to 'attack' everyone before he played "Camel Jockeys Suck!". AntiSeen lead singer gets bashed, blood, and fire!

I told Tesco to be on the lookout for my friends overseas, I am glad the message came through.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

St. Andrew's Hall 2011

Tesco polishing my head lol

2011, Ghetto Rags show
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

uploaded the pics to our own image host and used thumbnails instead of full sized images, in the embedded forum view the pics didn't fit into the frame. :wink:

I don't know about the other european countries, but in germany the Meatmen are not that well known....which is actually good for fans like me, because there is nothing better than a show in a small club with some kind of family atmosphere. I mean, me and my buddy came into the club (pretty early) and sat down at the bar...next to Daniel (who was extremely busy with his smartphone...lol), Tesco was also walking around and sat down next to us a couple of times. SO much better than watching a band from far away on a 20ft. high stage.
the only downside: no stagediving. :lol:

after the show I got the pic with Tesco and when I said "regards from Gary from Michigan" he instantly knew who I mean. sadly we had to leave right then in order to catch the last train back....staying another 5 hours would have been extremely hard because we were drunk as hell already. :lol:

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

I bet if I asked Tesco to deliver those bike tires he would have. He is just a real guy, down home and relaxed. He knows what punk is all about. No violence or hate here.
I know that your message "from michigan" was the password - you could have spent all night with these guys.

I wonder if this is the last run for the Meatmen. I talked with Tesco about him writing a second book "Touch N Go" was the first, a history of punk rock in detroit and eastern michigan. I suspect he will use at least one of my pictures for the book.

I wished I was there

DNR
-

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

I don't think it was the last run, just the days of permanent touring are over....we all don't get younger, do we? I am sure they will keep playing, they know they have a very good fanbase... :D

P.S. one day we will have a suck-o meeting...with the Meatmen playing. 8)