e-smoking - jedi style! ^^

...let us know what you think, free speech!
bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

e-smoking - jedi style! ^^

Post by bad_brain »

here's my lightsaber that arrived today.... 8O

oook...actually it's a battery carrier for my e-cig, with adjustable voltage/wattage and other nifty features like checking the resistance of the cartomizer.. :lol:

it's using 18650 Li-Ion batteries, here's the size compared to a regular AA cell:

P.S. actually it's "e-vaping" because there is no smoke. ^^

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Re: e-smoking - jedi style! ^^

Post by maboroshi »

Nice, you could chop a baby in half with that thing....

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

how much did that package cost you? for batteries, vapourizer, liquids etc?

Does that give you the same satisfaction as smoking the real thing? or even close?

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

- battery carrier 50 €
- 2x18650 Li-Ion batteries with 3000mAh 20 €
- clearomizer (the tank with the mouth piece) 19 €
5 cartomizers (the devices that go into the clearomizer and do the actual vaporizing job) cost about 2€/each, one lasts 2 months or so. sounds a bit expensive for the initial purchase, especially the battery carrier, but in the long run you save a lot of money compared to the standard stuff where you always have to buy a full battery including carrier and a full vaporizer because you can's disassemble those.

liquid is hard to tell, I would say I need liquid for about 20/30 cents a day, it's much cheaper because I mix it myself instead of buying ready-made liquids....and I also have a good friend who buys the aroma for me from the manufacturer in the USA and then sends it to me....that way I get about 200ml of aroma (lasts for months) for about 20 bucks, if I would order it here in a specialized e-cig shop I would get about 15ml for the same price.

and it always worked well for me, even with the basic hardware I had at the start, never had the feeling "gah, I would rather have a cigarette now"...just the first 1-2 days were a bit weird because you have to get used to the different "smoking" technique, because you take a hit whenever you like, and not like 50 in a row like with a cigarette, also the resistance is different which felt a bit odd first.

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

I remember when ya bought your first one, it was a while ago now, would you say you are now addicted to the e-cigarette, i thought it was to help you give up completely not swap one for the other, still it has to be better for your health :-k
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, I am STILL addicted to nicotine, as before....I just save my body now from the approx. 100 other harmful substances (about 40 are cancerous) in tobacco smoke. I feel generally a LOT better since I stopped smoking, especially my lungs of course...feels like having almost 100% extra lung volume now, before (when I was smoking 2 packs a day) I had asthma symptoms already pretty often.
to be honest I am not planning to do something about the nicotine addiction in the near future, I am living more healthy than 90% of the people already (I am in the best shape of my life actually), and well....I am afraid of the consequences of the insane killing spree hitting the breaks on nicotine would definitely cause. :lol:

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Post by maboroshi »

and well....I am afraid of the consequences of the insane killing spree hitting the breaks on nicotine would definitely cause.
Yes please do not give this up.

Mabo :D

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

My friend who is Thai uses one but its not like this, i just showed him the picture on the image hosting and he wants to know how much for the light sabre lol

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hm, about 120 euro for all together like on the pics, including 2 high capacity 18650 batteries, charger, tank and 5 spare cartomizers. should be available much cheaper in your corner of the world though, because it's pretty much all made in china (but good quality).

here's the manufacturer's page, the light saber is also available as package with the iClear cartomizers (I heard they are also very good) which should be even cheaper then:
http://www.innokin.com/itaste-svd.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

Thanks buddy, i will show him this tonight

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

np buddy... :D
such hardware might look a bit pricey first, but in the long run it's cheaper than the standard stuff because the wearing parts (batteries and cartomizers) are much cheaper.
also the steam quality is WAY better with a better taste and a bong-like amount of steam output... :lol:
oh, and also the runtime with the batteries is much better, with the standard devices I had to change the battery about 5 times a day, with this one just 1 time.

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

In Thailand they are looking to ban these completely now, they say they are more harmful than a cigarette. I will try to find the link i read while i was in school. :-k

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

they tried the same here. they even banned it in one state and confiscated everything in 2 shops. the shop owner took it to court then and won. then they (the government) tried to say "uh, it's a medicament, so it shouldn't be allowed to sold outside of pharmacies"...which also failed miserably in court.

there are rumors about really bad low quality liquids coming from Poland, those could maybe even more harmful than regular cigarettes....but if you stay away from buying your stuff from shady sources there's no way it could even be nearly as harmful. I mean, the liquid consists of propylene glycol, nicotine, and natural aroma.

about propylene glycol, source wikipedia:
It would be nearly impossible to reach toxic levels by consuming foods or supplements
Cases of propylene glycol poisoning are usually related to either inappropriate intravenous administration or accidental ingestion of large quantities by children
The potential for long-term oral toxicity is also low. In one study, in 1972, 12 rats were provided with feed containing as much as 5% PG in feed over a period of 104 weeks and they showed no apparent ill effects
so how could 3 substances that are not burned (the burn process produces a LOT of poisonous substances already) be even nearly as harmful as cigarette smoke that contains more than 400 substances (where plenty are known as cancerous)....just a silly PR stunt by the tobacco industry supported by many governments (no tobacco tax for liquids, which is of course really pissing them off).

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

Yeah, if more people are using these thats a hell of a lot of tax revenue that will not be coming in any more. :-({|=

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

wohoo....got another clearomizer today.. \:D/

it's the "iClear 30" from Innokin, which is using a dual coil cartomizer with...fasten your seatbelts...16 wicks.

my first impressions:
it has a pretty high airflow resistance compared to the Kanger Protank, but the Protank has the lowest one I have ever experienced, so that's no surprise. the rotatable tip is a nice gimmick, but actually it's pretty useless except for people having a strange way to hold their e-cigs....ok, and it is surely a great hookup line in bars: "hey baby, wanna see my rotatable tip?" :lol:
can't say too much yet about the steam and taste quality because it will take a bit to find the best Voltage setting (the cartomizers I am using have 2.9 Ω resistance, while the Protank ones I use have 1.8 Ω).
the build quality seems to be good, but of course no competitor for the Protank with the glass tank (plastic on the iClear).