Unethical "career choices" that come from hacking

...let us know what you think, free speech!
reparto
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Unethical "career choices" that come from hacking

Post by reparto »

I am working on a game and I am trying to include an analogy to hacking. I essentially need the hacking equivalent of how you can become a hitman or mercenary after working in spec ops.

In summary, I am looking for a job that is "bad", client-based and requires a very wide breadth knowledge along with the intuitiveness to apply it in fringe circumstances.

Thanks in advance
Selling invisible pets:
Dogs - 0.5 Bitcoins
Cats - 0.7 Bitcoins
Unicorns - 10 Bitcoins
Chimpanzee - 2 Bitcoins

PM me if you are interested, will ship via priority airmail, will accept escrow services

ayu
Staff
Staff

Re: Unethical "career choices" that come from hacking

Post by ayu »

Hmmm well, I guess these are a few common black hat jobs

* DDoSing a company server and extorting them to give you money top stop the attack.
* Stealing user databases and selling them to spam companies or other parties that are interested in that specific information (those databases can be worth a lot of money to the right party).
* Taking freelance jobs and hacking specific people (breaking into email servers, stealing user databases from websites they regularly visit to get their passwords .. etc)

How to "get" there in more official ways, like getting hired by a government, is nothing I know much about.
But usually it's just something an individual with this type of knowledge just starts doing, either for challenge or for financial gain, the second one being the most common.

Hope this helps somehow :)
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"