Google and the Future of Social Engineering the Machine

...let us know what you think, free speech!
maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Google and the Future of Social Engineering the Machine

Post by maboroshi »

Much of my understanding of how SEO works is in a broad overview. I understand a lot of the technical sides and never really paid to much attention to the pseudo theories behind it all. Until it dawned on me with Google's new algorithm and that is in this sentence of a web site which stated the following
the algorithm is based on semantic search, focusing on user intent versus individual search terms.
We are no longer searching, we are stating our intentions. In this respect I have thought a bit more about all this and came up with how do we use this machine/human to our advantage.

The answer lies in Social Engineering. You might say an AI or algorithm, is impervious to SE. But having intelligence of any sort means anyone or anything can be engineered given the knowledge of the intelligence it uses.

I am currently testing my theories and basing my knowledge of some previous technical skills and what I know of SEO and implementing those ideas in to the current pseudo algorithm.

As an example given my past skills for an SEO like title I would use:

Code: Select all

SEO | Search Engine Optimization | New York | United States
As my test concept for a title I am implementing:

Code: Select all

We are Search engine optimization (SEO) company providing quality SEO and Internet Marketing Services
I am sure you can come up with a lot more user intent methods to bend the machine to your will.

This is just a concept I am playing with at the moment and any feedback is good.

*cheers

Mabo

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Re: Google and the Future of Social Engineering the Machine

Post by DNR »

one simple problem with people doing their own searches - they don't know that search engines check the IP and cookies to determine where the person lives - to return search results for their area. As a OSint business, I ensure that I run searches with various search engines and while fuxoring their detection (yes, blocking cookies is one way)

Also - there is a lot of crap and redundancy - you get paid to have a discerning eye for the intel your customers are looking for - the needle in the haystack. rather than make them drink from a firehose.

I'll work with ya on this.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Google and the Future of Social Engineering the Machine

Post by computathug »

It is all fitting together piece by piece that soon the whole planet will be digitally connected. Everything you do is logged and social networks are a part of the network that is working towards Singularity,

The internet is gathering everyone's thoughts, habits, shopping destinations and is profiling billions of people.

Eventually the search engine will be able to reply to you as a human and not a computer. Until that time has come SEO is still to be done on a 2 thought process, The USER (asks the questions) and The SEARCH ENGINE replies as a computers thought process tells it to do as it is still being instructed to do so. Once google can think for itself then it will be a whole different ball game.
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com