Free vpn and no logs?!

...let us know what you think, free speech!
scatter
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Free vpn and no logs?!

Post by scatter »

okay what do you think of these claims?

http://freevpn.me/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

its so great to be true , any idea?

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: Free vpn and no logs?!

Post by bad_brain »

hm, 2 things that make me a little wary:
- domain is not even 1 year old
- they have no ToS

so if you are just out for some privacy you can give them a try, but when you need that privacy for really sensitive activities better bite the sour apple and get a payed account at one of the providers that are known to keep their word...like mullvad, and the one cats is using (forgot the name).

scatter

Post by scatter »

ah okay thx for the advice b_b I will wait for acts to remind us the name of the VPN he uses just by curiosity coz I honestly don't care alot about privacy as am trying to have a work in security :) so keeping it white :-99

z3r0aCc3Ss

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

scatter wrote:ah okay thx for the advice b_b I will wait for acts to remind us the name of the VPN he uses just by curiosity coz I honestly don't care alot about privacy as am trying to have a work in security :) so keeping it white :-99
I guess... when I had asked the same question a couple of months back, cats suggested me Mullvad VPN. It's damn good, support for android, but don't know how to use it... :P

I tried it for 3 hours, and it's awesome. But can't seem to understand their account management.
Beta tester for major RATs, all kinds of stealers and keyloggers.
Learning NMAP

scatter

Post by scatter »

then its Mullvad thx :)

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

z3r0aCc3Ss wrote:But can't seem to understand their account management.
I am using Mullvad on Windows (via the really good homegrown Mullvad client), on Linux and on my Android tablet (both via openvpn), simply let me know what problem you have... :wink:

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

bad_brain wrote: I am using Mullvad on Windows (via the really good homegrown Mullvad client), on Linux and on my Android tablet (both via openvpn), simply let me know what problem you have... :wink:
I will be reporting a Mullvad user to the police next week, so then we will get proof if they keep logs or not ^^
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

ohhh....make sure to keep us (especially me) up to date with that... :o

scatter

Post by scatter »

hmm I think I have a question about VPNs then. Okay let's assume we have two situations

1) someone is using a vpn and attacking your server, is there a way to spoof his ip as we all know there r vulnerable vpns for training but can that be done in a real world situation and how? I mean by this offensive defense if you see what I mean

2) okay if you want to spoof an ip of someone behind a vpn but he is not attacking you, you just know where he is and you can only chat with for example

sorry I know its a bit weird but I think it's possible and wanna know if anyone got an idea :)

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

scatter wrote: 1) someone is using a vpn and attacking your server, is there a way to spoof his ip as we all know there r vulnerable vpns for training but can that be done in a real world situation and how? I mean by this offensive defense if you see what I mean
hmm I'm sorry I don't really understand the question :(
If he's already using a VPN then wouldn't that already be the definition of "spoofed"?
scatter wrote: 2) okay if you want to spoof an ip of someone behind a vpn but he is not attacking you, you just know where he is and you can only chat with for example

sorry I know its a bit weird but I think it's possible and wanna know if anyone got an idea :)
Same here I guess, when you say spoof do you mean to discover the real IP of the user behind the VPN?

scatter

Post by scatter »

lol yup cats I always confuse usage of both words spoofing and sniffing :) and yup the goal is to discover the real ip

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

ah okay sorry then :P
scatter wrote: 1) someone is using a vpn and attacking your server, is there a way to spoof his ip as we all know there r vulnerable vpns for training but can that be done in a real world situation and how? I mean by this offensive defense if you see what I mean
In this scenario DNS leaking is a good idea (check the hacking section, I just started a thread about that), where you force the attackers machine to send a DNS query to a server you own.
If you are lucky then the attackers DNS settings are faulty and will cause leaks (Since default settings for most users is the home router, it will cause DNS queries to not go via the VPN).
scatter wrote: 2) okay if you want to spoof an ip of someone behind a vpn but he is not attacking you, you just know where he is and you can only chat with for example
Well in this case it depends on the way you are communicating with the user.
In most chat applications these days the messages are relayed to you and are not send directly from the sender to the end receiver and thus you wont even see the VPN IP.
To get the VPN IP in this situation you would usually need to send a file to the user or send a link that goes to a server that you control.
After doing that then you would have to do the same as question 1.

There are vulnerabilities in some VPN implementations that are still in use, but anonymous VPN services rarely use them, and even if they do you very often still have to do a man-in-the-middle attack to do anything to the user (in which you would already have their real IP anyway). One vulnerability that could be done remotely would be with IPv6 I think. Not sure about the specifics of that attack but I do believe I read something about it a few years ago that the real IP of the user could be leaked by using IPv6 somehow.