back into the game. TOR tips needed and other good info.

...let us know what you think, free speech!
floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

back into the game. TOR tips needed and other good info.

Post by floodhound2 »

Back in the day when the internet was in its infancy I use to fire up "mIRC" which at the time was a fantastic internet relay chat program for windows operating system. This was sort of like Facebook but without all the family and mainstream people bitching about politics. It basically allowed me to communicate with programmers and like minded people over the world with some good anonymity, so one could ask anything. Naturally I learned more and more which lead toward "mIRC scripting". This opened the door to the dark web (so to speak). It allowed people to obtain movies, books and programs but for me I gained access to a clan of people - a gang. I recall someone posting a challenge to crack a program - so I went away with my hexeditor and completed the challenge. Before long I was invited to join there clan. gang or group, what ever you want to call it. I had some power and status over the web to a small degree but more importantly I belonged to something and they had my back. A lot of good times and learning took place.

Today I am slowly getting back into the scene and began using TOR. I can see a lot has changed in my absence. Please hand me some tips and tricks and or warnings about TOR. I know its not 100% safe as nothing is. Ive read how governments can set up nodes to trace packets outside the tor network so ill tread lightly.
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: back into the game. TOR tips needed and other good info.

Post by bad_brain »

well, the biggest downside of TOR always was and still is that it is sloooooow, you feel like back on 32k modem.
personally I prefer a decent VPN service payed via bitcoin....of course you can't go with the mainstream ones, they run logs even if they say they don't, and they will give your data to any authority even without a subpoena.
my provider of choice is still Mullvad: https://www.mullvad.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

you're also having the tapped TOR exit nodes covered then....and torrents of course. 8)

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Okay VPN is not a problem but how do I gain access to the dark web? I mean VPN would be the connection method but then to what? http://www.darkweb.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; unlikely.

Back in the day I would go to a XDCC server like http://www.packetnews.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (as an example) and select a server with my IRC to connect to. Low and behold I had all sorts of shit to get into on that channel - basically learned to hack and code and download anything off the channel free!

I agree TOR is slow and its not 100%. Perhaps I am looking into this wrong. Nice talking to you again man. Hows shit going?

*thumb*
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Okay okay its coming back to me.

What I am after these days is a BitTorrent. I really dont want to download anything but I see things have changed while I was away. lol.

Thanks Bb. Looks like I need to get a wallet too. Any good advice with respect to bitcoins?
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

"dark web" is always .onion sites, that can only be accessed through TOR, have a look here for the start:
https://thehiddenwiki.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

running an additional VPN would simply add a layer of protection....but actually it's not really needed, as long as you stay way from the really shitty stuff there (not that I would think you would look for that anyway) or order weed...lol

for torrenting I do recommend a VPN, if you are hot for the latest movies or music it is even a must because most of it is monitored by copyright lawyers. older stuff (3 years and more) is relatively safe though.

been a while since I fiddled with bitcoin stuff, nowadays I simply get some from a trading site if needed....linking it would be pointless because they only accept verified users from a few european countries. ;)

and yeah man, good to talk to you again, almost thought you became a real pirate in the meantime... :o :lol:
things are going pretty well here, doing business together with Circuit and thuggy, which is running quite well....a little ago we even considered hiring a junior developer, but good people are hard to find nowadays. besides that I got even more into biking, sold my car, and ride quite a lot on a fixed gear track bike...:D

and you buddy? still sailing the 7 seas? :-k

btw, besides IRC we're running our own XMPP server now for instant messaging....of course 100% private, encrypted and secure. so let me know if you want an account...;)

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

I want to just be in the "know" again when it comes to torrents and the tech. I don't want to download anything copyrighted and hell weed is legal in my State, so much has changed.

Yea I am still sailing about loving it. I just made a 800 k.Mile run offshore and survived a few big storms [15 meter waves] It was a deep challenge and something I needed to do. We still plan to sail further but finding work that I don't have to report to is tricky, so this slows our progress somewhat. We also sold our car but did take an RV across America and Mexico last winter - fantastic time.

I still ride my Mt. Bike and walk a lot. I had to dump my Facebook account at one point so I lost contact with you guys. I also started training so that I am more fit for the up and coming sailing trip - I eat vegan and regained a load of strength and lost 30 pounds. Sailors have to be in top shape the sea is horribly strong in every way and vegan requires no refrigeration.

On the boat I still make circuits and code things its in my blood. Talk more soon. Peace
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

awesome.....a man needs challenges, else life gets boring which makes you dumb after a while.
sailing would not really be my cup of tea, especially with such huge waves I would most likely puke my soul out... :lol:

my last challenge was riding the "Rapha Festive 500", which means 500km between christmas and new year's eve......started pretty relaxed but then it got horrible cold and I faced extreme pain in my knees for the first time ever, which was because of the cold.
but the harder it was the prouder you can be when you made it in the end:

:D

and Facebook...meh...been banned twice there yet... :lol: it's comfy, but actually I hate it. :roll:

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Naughty kid breaking facebook all the time. He he. ...

Yea sailing is dangerous I tell you, a professional ball player wouldn't last they'd be on the floor wanting off. I love it but sometimes out at sea I wonder what the Fudge! Big seas makes me puke too yet it calls at me.

Your racing eh, sounds like the race was cool. Id love to ride with you and will have to do some time. Till then dont brake any bones and keep strong. :)
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ